A couple shots of Floyd

Jeremy Z

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Random_Floyd01s.jpg

23May2005_Floyd5s.jpg

For the curious, he's half Chihuahua, half Miniature Pinscher, 6 lbs. of fury, when he wants to be.

Hey, what a cool, cool play with Floyd's shadow in 2. Such a pity his front feet got cut off in the process.

And #1 shows ever so nicely how well natural window light works for pet portraits! Plus they are so focused on what goes on outside when they are looking out of the window like this, you have a lot more time to focus, don't you?

Looking at it again, I think I should have cropped out the turquoise pillow in #1.

Thanks for the tip about the legs. I hadn't even noticed that I cut them off. (busy looking at his face & the shadow)

Agreed that you need to crop the pillow and agreed about his feet. I do love the second shot though. The shadow looks very neat.

When you take pet photos, they look better without the collars on. They can be very distracting. Try it without, you will like it much more.

Oh and Floyd is really cute!

When you take pet photos, they look better without the collars on. They can be very distracting. Try it without, you will like it much more.

Great tip, thanks! It's one of those little things that I sometimes don't notice myself, but you're 100% right. And if I do decide to leave the collar on, I should at least arrange it such that the plastic buckle isn't showing at an odd angle.

Most reactions

Back