Website
www.jeremygrayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yellow Jar:
_DSC0704.jpg

Black Jars:
_DSC0675.jpg

Comments appreciated. Critique welcomed.

For tech info: just ask.

i really like the last one and it has potential if you could just get rid of the shadows they sort of blend in with the bottles. but i love the curves and the composition of them

I'm gonna try a similar shot if I get an SB-800 flash for Christmas, and I'll use it off-camera to eliminate this sort of shadowing. Shoot straight down on the jars would probably be a good place to start. Thanks for the comments.

I like the first one, good light and it's simple composition....the second is too busy for me with the shadows and the bottles blending into each other. I think for multiple bottles and shadows lines work much better.

like the first one but the bottles in the second seem to be floating in thin air. looks weird

I'm gonna try a similar shot if I get an SB-800 flash for Christmas, and I'll use it off-camera to eliminate this sort of shadowing. Shoot straight down on the jars would probably be a good place to start. Thanks for the comments.

I think you will find much more creative lighting choices when you get the SB-800. The on-board flash with these photos is the culprit for the harsh shadows and the hot reflections on the jars themselves. Both of which are not pleasing. Glass is not the easiest material to photograph. I am dissappointed with my efforts so far.

It looks as if you are using a studio box, particulaly in #2. If you fashioned it similar to this, then you could have used side lighting (from any source) and not used the on-board flash. Just a thought.

This is not glass, but it may give you an idea of side lighting small items in a studio box.

DSC_6752_edited-1.jpg

I was actually just using my Guitar Hero box, it's just a white box. And then I just overexposed by a stop to make the texture of the box blown out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back