A couple winter pics for CC please!

Higgs Boson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here some pics I took yesterday. I think I went out too early and there was not enough light but I am looking to your comments to learn so let me know how I can improve my photos and my post processing. Thanks a lot!

Snow-10a.jpg

Snow-1a.jpg

Snow-2a.jpg

Snow-8a.jpg

Last edited:
In #2, there is that wavy effect in the sky. I'm not sure if this is the right way to remove it, but you can isolate the sky and add a small amount of noise to it. It seems to work for me.

thanks! anyone else with any input?

i like the nissan pic real sweet hey what about this snow that we just got slammed with im posting pics just a sec

When the photos started to load I was really hoping that #1 would be a huge tree from top to bottom alone in a field. I like the almost complete roundness of the top. If there's any chance to get out there again and get more of the tree it would be really cool I think. Also the photos all seem a bit dark. Any chance to brighten them up in PP? Or even try different exposures. I know snow is hard but there are some great threads on here that give different scenarios and how to expose properly.

I agree about #1 I think there is a lot of potential for a nice vertical shot.

I think I like them looking a bit dark. There would be far too much contrast otherwise since all you really have in the shot is snow, cloudy sky and black trees.(Just my opinion though.)

thanks for the comments! unfortunately, the tree is surrounded by condo buildings and there isn't much of another shot opportunity.... i'll have to drive around and look for more!

Most reactions

Back