A Dachshund: Max

the_peel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,

Here's my first submission for critique. Specs... D70 with 28-200 lens. No flash. Set to roughly 30 sec @ f/5.6 (focal length 200). Mainly untouched except for small level adjustments and I removed a small speck of dust from the side of his nose. I saved it with sRGB color profile embedded, but the colors look a bit washed out when using a web browser, so if you want to really see it properly, please download and view it in Photoshop (or similar) with color management enabled. Oh, please remember to give me a crit! Thanks!

DSC_0032small.jpg

You needed a larger DOF - his nose is blurred.

Daxhunds are a bugger to shoot (I know, I've tried) because they always flash bounce.

Otherwise, you did a fantastic job of catching his expression. I love it.

Mini or full sized by the way?

2Stupid2Duck said:
You needed a larger DOF - his nose is blurred.

Daxhunds are a bugger to shoot (I know, I've tried) because they always flash bounce.

Otherwise, you did a fantastic job of catching his expression. I love it.

Mini or full sized by the way?

Yeah, I was kinda wondering about the nose too. I wanted to keep a small DOF so the background wouldn't have any chance to distract from the subject... maybe I could have increased the DOF just a bit. :)

My Max can be difficult at times... he doesn't like holding poses for too long. He's a mini. :)

My mum has a mini too. Her name is Lucy.

That's how I knew about the flash bounce. The little buggers only got short hair. Great dogs tho.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back