A Day at the Plantation (series of 15 photos)

MommyOf4Boys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My 6 yr old and I spent the day at the Houma House Plantation that is about 2 miles from our house. We had a lot of fun. The owner's mother and my son played ball with the owner's (bride/female - funny story behind that - they have a female dog and a male dog and they got married there at the plantation a couple of years ago in front of over a thousand people!!! They even have their own bedroom in the house LOL) dog most of the time we were there.
Anyway, I really love going there and finally got the chance to get a few nice photos. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed taking them.

1. This is the front view of the house.

house.jpg

2. This is a side view of the house with a pretty planter.

planter.jpg

3. One of the many kumkwat bushes.

kumkwat.jpg

4. One of the two old pavillions

pavillion.jpg

5. An old window at the building up front they turned into the store.

Rusticview.jpg

(unedited version)
rusticview2.jpg

6. The top of that same building (store)

rooftop.jpg

7. A statue by one of the ponds

statue1.jpg

8. Another statue

statue2.jpg

9. A swan in one of the ponds

swan.jpg

10. Close up of the same swan.

swan2.jpg

11. My son started to chase the ducks, I had to yell at him :er:

ducks.jpg

12. Brett walking down the path of the hidden garden. FOR SOME REASON THIS POSTED REALLY SMALL, BUT IT LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER - BIGGER.

hiddengarden1.jpg

13. Brett's shadow

shadow.jpg

14. A squirrel on one of the ancient oak trees.

squirrel.jpg

15. He wanted me to take this picture...BOYS! lol

brettgator.jpg

#5 does it for me.....He's a cutie and I see your up late so the boys must be asleep! That place must be wonderful you must tell the story behind the bride thingy.:)

wow, great pictures! And yes, I think any guy would want a picture of an alligator biting his head off. :lmao:

Number 5 is great, some serious emotion behind it. It might look cool sort of life a lithograph, black and white with high contrast. Maybe not, I'm not sure. But anyway, great shot and it looks like a lot of fun!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back