A Day in the Life of the World Album, 3/29/08

acgoldis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm still in Ecuador but I just got Internet access. There's been a request to have me start a thread where people can post their pictures. Hopefully we can make it sticky :)

Ironically, after all that I didn't get that many good cultural pictures on the 29th. The noon shot (6 AM local) had people waiting for a flight at the San Cristobal airport in the Galapagos (VERY tiny). There a few shots of tourists in restaurants the local night of the 28th. The rest were all typical touristy type things. I'll see which ones I want to upload.

I suppose I could include the dashboard of the 5-seater plane I took to Isabela.

I don't have a USB cable here.

Can we make this a sticky thread?

Also -- we should try to set up another date for an album, this time with more lead time so we can get people all over the world involved (most of the people I saw seemed to be American or at least in the US time zones). I have this crazy idea of June 20th for the summer solstice or something like that, but it depends which day of the week that is.

ACG

1306 hours GMT...exercise class
1306hrsgmtmt0.jpg

1709 GMT...Fishing in the harbour (temperatures were hovering at the freezing mark)
1709gmtev6.jpg

1717 GMT ... Toronto's Streetcars ("the Red Rocket")
1717gmtbj0.jpg

Anty...^^^ are you reposting or is the other thread to be intergrated here?

Ah, just found this. Many thanks to Antarctican for posting this link in the original thread! Anyway, here are my photos... again. I've added a couple more that I think you might like.

And the 12:00 photo (again). Yum yum.

Enjoy! It would also seem that my virus scanner is eating my computer. 2 restarts later and I've finally managed to get some f***** photos uploaded. :x

And, of course, a ton of thanks to Acgoldis for having the idea! Great fun.
I'll shut up now.

I parked near the University of Toronto campus and as I walked through it, I passed at least 4 weddings. So "A Day in the Life" of many people included their wedding....or being the photographer at the wedding.

2009 GMT
1909gmtok7.jpg

2049 GMT
1849gmttv1.jpg

2053 GMT
1953gmtyk6.jpg

I finally found my camera!!
It was a relaxing day of playstation.

DSCN0720.jpg

And Music...

DSCN0731.jpg

Wow did no one else take pictures?

It's Canada, so you know there's gonna be hockey... (2106 GMT)
2106gmtoy2.jpg

And I'm in Toronto, so you know there's gonna be a CN Tower shot (this one taken from the University of Toronto campus at 2108 GMT)
2108gmtag6.jpg

2113 GMT - responding to alarm
2113gmtdi1.jpg

Shopping at the Eaton Centre, Canada's third largest shopping centre (2312 GMT)
2312gmtam0.jpg

Sunset behind the Old City Hall clock tower (2332 GMT)
2340gmtiu5.jpg

Okay, this is a re-post from the original thread.....ONLY because I was instructed to. :lol: And you know who you are!!!

D30_2491_edited-2.jpg

D30_2529_edited-2.jpg

D30_2383_edited-1a.jpg

I really would like to know what the heck they were discussing. :lol:

And the Noon(ish) shot was:

D30_2573.jpg

Alright, this is a bogus bonus shot. It's horibble, but I was on my way into town and this big friggin' tractor trailer wanted to cut me off.......

D30_2372_edited-1a.jpg

70mph down the bypass, rolling a ......cigarette and, well it was closer than I appreciated. (Seriously, it was a cigarette :lmao:)

Its about time you do what you are told Kundalini! LOL

Yes, but I like a damn good whacking first. :lmao:

The weather was sooo crappy here today, I got one shot. And even that I was just not happy with.....

Took a few but wow I shot crap today.

Here is my one.....Waiting in line:

mcd%27s.jpg

15:22 GMT
Charlotte, NC
29 March 2008

Most reactions

Back