A Day in the Life of the World

acgoldis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi! I remember reading a book called a Day in the Life of the America a few years ago and thought it was pretty cool. This is an international photography forum, so why don't we try that again, this time worldwide?

We take a one- or two-hour period and have all the contributors take photographs in that period. We time the period so that 2 AM or somewhere like that is over the Pacific so we don't miss that much.

Has this ever been done before?

I propose exactly one month from now: 3/29, 8:00 AM to 10:00 Eastern. That's a Saturday, so people have some free time, and I'm going to be in the Galapagos :)

ACG

Sounds like a cool idea, and something an international photo forum should be able to pull off easily

I figure since we're already distributed around the world, we don't need to worry much about airline tickets and stuff.

Should we try this? Everyone takes digital photos and emails them to one place and someone makes a compilation out of the best?

ACG

That would actually work pretty well.

We could vote on the best ones and see if we can get someone to make a book out of them :)

We'd have to include the place and time of each picture.

ACG

Sounds like a lot to organize, if you want to take it to the next step of a 'book', but the posting here should be easy enough.

The book isn't really mandatory, but it would be kind of cool. Posting here could be enough. Once we've got all the pictures and chosen the best, then we can worry about the book if we want to go that far.

I think that it is a really cool idea, but I only shoot film so I would need some time for processing.

So we just take the pictures on the 29th and post them when we're done processing the film if we want to use film. Pictures will probably dribble in over the course of April.

What do you think about doing 10-12 AM Eastern? That's 7-9 West Coast, so people will have started getting up. It will be 11ish in Australia and midnight in Japan, but since it's a Saturday night people will be up late.

This sounds like it should be cool :)

I had debated restricting it to all in one hour but that probably wouldn't give people enough time to get around and take pictures of stuff.

I think a day in the life is a grand idea. I also agree with Anty to just post all photos in this thread. From there, someone else (acgoldis) can take hold of the reigns and compile the photos into an album if he/she wishes.

Just a note. Please remind us drunks.....errr....uhmmm.......those of us that may have a short memory to post on the day.

I'm in. As of now, I'll be in Orlando, FL, not near Disney though :er:
Should be able to get a good shot of a palm around 10 am, maybe a gator?:lol:

Most reactions

Back