A Day in the Life of the World

What is the plan to post the photos on here? Does it have to be right away, or would it matter if it was a day later? I ask because if I am out camping in the hills, I won't have any access to post. I'll be back on Sunday evening, so if that is an acceptable timeframe then that gets a big "Woohoo"!

Your punishment for being late will be thirty lashes with a wet noodle.

Personally, I would never take a recognizable photograph of any person for this purpose without permission. I consider that to be common courtesy.

I agree with this statement!

OK.
Unless you quote someone, it's difficult in this forum to determine which post to which you're responding.

I posted right after you... I would have thought that you would have put two and two together.. lol
Its all good.

Does that include portable (battery) electricity?

Go through the thread. There was no discussion of subject matter. Personally, I would never take a recognizable photograph of any person for this purpose without permission. I consider that to be common courtesy.

As a former photo journalist ... I used to do it nearly everyday ... but I am not here to argue ... each to their own ways ... merely informing others that releases are not necessary if the image is taken in a public venue.

Gary

As a former photo journalist ... I used to do it nearly everyday ... but I am not here to argue ... each to their own ways ... merely informing others that releases are not necessary if the image is taken in a public venue.

Gary

I didn't say that it was necessary. I said that it was courteous.

I've just read this, and I am CERTAINLY in. I'll make a note of it. I'm from the UK as well, so it'd get a nice round-the-world feel to it. Plus, I can just use my regular clock :lol:

Just a few questions:

1) is the 12:00 noon snapshot idea still on? I really like the idea of that.

2) Does the photo have to be special? I mean, I'm no pro photographer, but I'd still love to join in. And personally, I would much prefer a snapshot of something that screams "England" (cricket, rugby, chavs, etc) than a perfectly planned photo of something that could have been taken in New Zealand.

Either way, count me in!!! Should be very interesting.

2) Does the photo have to be special? I mean, I'm no pro photographer, but I'd still love to join in. And personally, I would much prefer a snapshot of something that screams "England" (cricket, rugby, chavs, etc) than a perfectly planned photo of something that could have been taken in New Zealand.

Either way, count me in!!! Should be very interesting.

I agree. I think that I will not go out of my way to get something extra special, but there are many things around that since I'll be camping by the beach, will be available to shoot. I'll try to get something that typifies camping in the Great NorthWest. Maybe Bigfoot or hippies or something...JK by the way if that last statement offends and hippies or sasquatches...

We are doing this on the 29th right?! I just had a brain lapse.. lol

LOL Good.. I just needed to make sure. Too many important dates running around inside my head.

Okay I feel alittle dumb but if I am in NC, then my day would start on Friday at 8pm, correct? What time is my noon shot need to be at?

I am having trouble following this darn conversion. I hate numbers......

Okay I feel alittle dumb but if I am in NC, then my day would start on Friday at 8pm, correct? What time is my noon shot need to be at?

I am having trouble following this darn conversion. I hate numbers......

Make it easy on yourself, your saturday starts at Midnight and ends at 11:59 the next day.. That is how I am doing it..:mrgreen: :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back