A decrepit landcruiser for c&c

fokker

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shot these last night after work - spotted it on the weekend along a mountain bike trail and thought it would make a good subject for some pics. What do you all think?

IMG_4838_6_7.jpg

IMG_4856.jpg

Those are my two favourites anyway out of a few that I took. I think the second one would look cool in b&w but not sure on the best way to convert it - I tried desturating in photoshop and it looked okay but I feel it could be better.

Constructive criticism welcomed!

first one looks a bit under exposed and i guess you could've filled the image by zooming in more ... second shot looks good - it'd make a great HDR shot =)

I could always crop it tighter - but then I'm always hearing to not center the subject. Is it possible to fill the frame without centering the subject?

I thought I'd break one of the cardinal rules on the first one, of leaving space in the direction the subject is headed. In this case, the 'cruiser isn't going anywhere so I left space behind it to emphasise this.

Thanks for your comments. Anybody else?

Interestingly, #1 is actually and HDR shot, though I ended up desaturating it just enough so that it looks normal.

I like the composition of both images, BUT they're both under-exposed. Take them back into the pixel-room and try some levels/curves adjustments.

First image looks a little soft. Did you use a tripod?

Don't really care for the composition of either shot. Maybe if the first image had the subject more to the left and the push bar thing didn't get cut off.

I don't like how the top of the subject got cut off in the second shot. Maybe try shooting in portrait orientation next time...maybe a shot of the interior.

Most reactions

Back