A Different Kind of "Which Camera"

I don't know if anyone has mentioned sony a350. Beside pentax this a350 boast of 14.5 mega pixel with less than US$700 body only. It can utilize the older minolta lenses, and of course few classy zeiss lens. I have googled few hours to find an explicit statement of "aperture priority compatibility" with the older lenses but with no luck.

The original post says he wants to only use manual focus lenses. There are no manual focus lenses for the Sony DSLR camera line (all of the old Minolta lenses that will fit it are autofocus).

Is time of delivery important in your commercial work? Have you considered leveraging your current MF/LF equipment paired with a high end scanner. Might be the best of both worlds. I've seen scans from MF frames that can rival most DSLRs.

Is time of delivery important in your commercial work? Have you considered leveraging your current MF/LF equipment paired with a high end scanner. Might be the best of both worlds. I've seen scans from MF frames that can rival most DSLRs.

Well I'm trying to figure out how much work I'd lose out on by sticking with film. I'm considering buying a drum scanner. And I'd argue that good MF scans easily beat most of the dSLR's on the market today. But that's beside the point.

Most reactions

Back