Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This gentleman came in for a Veteran's Portrait recently, and as I already had the lighting set up I decided to do a more traditional portrait. He was (as many of my Veteran's Portrait clients are) very dignified and proper and I thought this actually suited him very well. Your thoughts, SVP?

_DSC1555_Pidwer_WEB.jpg

To my eye this looks fantastic,great lighting and skin tones. I also think the suit, color shirt and tie to the back drop is perfect.Thats a well dressed man.

Very nice mate! A classic dignified portrait and is ideal for the subject IMO. light fall off is good and his face is lit well making it the centre of the shot. Mind if I ask how you set up for this?

I like that you include the hands in many of your portraits. Particularly in this gentleman's case, it's clear they have stories to tell.

Excellent photo. I see no way I could improve this.

To my eye this looks fantastic,great lighting and skin tones. I also think the suit, color shirt and tie to the back drop is perfect.Thats a well dressed man.
Thank-you!

Very nice mate! A classic dignified portrait and is ideal for the subject IMO. light fall off is good and his face is lit well making it the centre of the shot. Mind if I ask how you set up for this?
Thanks Pete. I thought I had a set-up photo, but can't seem to find it ATM. Basic 3 light set-up using BD as key, hairlight boomed in camera right and background light.

Looks good. Classic light and pose. He looks comfortable.
Thanks Derrel!

I think you should have bracketed it and did an HDR portrait.

Nah, just kidding. Great job John.
Oooooh... what you said! ;)

:lol:

Thanks JC!

I like that you include the hands in many of your portraits. Particularly in this gentleman's case, it's clear they have stories to tell.
Thanks! I like hands, they're often an overlooked element, especially when you're dealing with older folks, or people who do manual labour.

is his finger actually missing? nice job on BG, just enough but i think i prefer it over the all black I'm used to seeing form you.

Echoing Derrel's comment about "comfortable", your portraits always seem to convey that, as if this is normal everyday for them, not stiff or forced.

is his finger actually missing? nice job on BG, just enough but i think i prefer it over the all black I'm used to seeing form you.
Yes, he can only count to 9 1/2... Thanks, I really like it as well.

very nice, as usual.
love the background choice for this
Thanks Jason! :)

Echoing Derrel's comment about "comfortable", your portraits always seem to convey that, as if this is normal everyday for them, not stiff or forced.
Wow, thanks! I REALLY appreciate that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back