A dirty little Bee

NateS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As you can see in photo 3.....he needs a bath now.

2008-07-19_26web.jpg

2008-07-19_31web.jpg

2008-07-19_11web.jpg

Please give comments and c&c. I'm still very new at the insect photography so can use any encouragement or critiques possible.

ha! Nice captures. Looks like coconut sprinkles on him :lol:

Thanks Dmitri. He actually got all that pollen from our Rose bush. Unfortunately I couldn't get any photos of him on a bloom.

I'm happy to see him bathed in pollen on that leaf.
Crisp photos, good focus on the bee in each of them, which is good.
What was your light source? Could it have been the *gasp* sun???

I'm happy to see him bathed in pollen on that leaf.
Crisp photos, good focus on the bee in each of them, which is good.
What was your light source? Could it have been the *gasp* sun???

Actually no. The light source was a single SB-600 off camera and I a 1/500th and high F-stop to help freeze him and block out some of the harsh sunlight. Thanks for your comments LaFoto.

My favorite is the first one. I love it. The only thing I would change about it would be for a tighter crop. A little bit too much dead space at the top. Nonetheless I still love it.

Damn you misleading thread titles!

:lol: jk nice pics

My favorite is the first one. I love it. The only thing I would change about it would be for a tighter crop. A little bit too much dead space at the top. Nonetheless I still love it.

THanks for the thoughts. The reason I cropped #1 like that was due to the flower being in the middle of the horizontally, I didn't want it to be in the middle vertically as well. It looked a little less centered cropped like this. I can't say I disagree though about the dead space.

Oh...and sorry to dissapoint you Toofpaste. Hey....at least the thread title got you to click into here. :)

Most reactions

Back