A Dollar and a Dream

jsecordphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Low tide in Chatham, MA. I've been wanting to create an image like this for a while, a night scene incorporating the interesting textures sometimes left behind by the tides. There was so much to work with around this area for interesting foregrounds, but as soon as I saw these ripples in the sand I knew what I would be focusing my efforts on. And yes- I did find this Sand Dollar further down the beach and placed it in my scene.

1 exposure for the sky at iso3200, f2.8, 25 seconds
and then a whole bunch of focus stacked exposures for the foreground at iso1600, f2.8, 4 minutes each
dollar.jpg

Wow! That's a really beautiful image. It gives me a calming feel. I like it!

I have to agree with those who said "Wow" and "Beautiful" because....Wow, beautiful!!!

Looks like all the effort was well rewarded with the finished product. Great shot.

Amazing!
am going to be at Cape Cod Canal in May - Oct for volunteer job. Maybe I can treat you to some clam, lobster, bass dinner in exchange for tips!?
Nancy

Came out really well. Wow.. 4 minutes.
I was beyond excited that it only took 4 minutes! We had some light pollution behind us which really helped for the foreground exposures. I'll have to go up to 8-10 minutes for the foreground sometimes.

Amazing!
am going to be at Cape Cod Canal in May - Oct for volunteer job. Maybe I can treat you to some clam, lobster, bass dinner in exchange for tips!?
Nancy
At this point I have almost no free time during any of the new moons this year, or much of the summer in general really. I am teaming up with another photographer to co-host astrophotography workshops though (which is one of the things taking up a bunch of my time), and one of the workshops might be in Chatham if we get the necessary permits.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back