A Downtown House

CapturingGlory

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
There is this house for sale downtown in my city. I love it! So I took a picture of it...I think the sky is a little blown...I hate editing pictures on my computer...it's not as fast as computer at school but I spend time working on school projects there!

BayfrontHouse3.jpg

I think it would be nice to include a photo I took in Roma with my 5.2 Megapixel cam...nice shot...too bad I can't enlarge any better. When I converted to jpg...some of the contrast was lost... =( It's just sort of the same aesthetic style of shooting...if I put that right.

RomaColloseum07BW.jpg

First one- bring it back to a more level plane. The sky could use a red filter to darken it and add contrast, Burn it in a littlen hold back the house and dodge the tree, Remember, expose for shadows, print for highlights.

Second one a little more development time for contrast, lose the auto focus and sharpen up. Nice print overall, maybe burn in the sky a little to darken it and hold the rest where it is.

What do YOU like or dislike about these two? What wre you going for? Did you have a plan, or are they basicly snapshots (shots of oppertunity) Whick are great also. If you thought about the shots, did they come close to what you wanted?

I often see something and snap a shot without giving it much thought. Then if I have time I think about making the shot better- sometimes I can, some times I can't and some days are a bust.

Judge Sharpe

The Roma one was a quick snap with my digital cam as I said. I think I got lucky for such a great shot. I love this shot for the composition. It show Rome in its modern age, yet the ancient building still exists and are apart of the eternal city. The city has always been lively since it's foundations, whether artists are trying to create a reputation for themselves or if it's now a major tourists spot.

The first one...I really just wanted to capture this beautiful house...I like the angle due to aesthetic qualities. I agree there needs to be some dodging and burning...I don't do darkroom...I just scan the negatives...problem is...my computer is a little slow to handle such a large file size so for now...I just say...forget it! =) If I were to be very serious about any of my images for display or something of that sort, I would apply the technicalities I am well aware of...right now...I am very concerned with image impact so that I can improve that area.

Most reactions

Back