A dreary day downtown

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by spiralout, May 30, 2005.

1. spiralout

spiralout TPF Noob!

I went downtown this morning to go drop off an application. It wasn't a very pretty day, but I figured I'd try a more "street" approach and see what I could come up with. The security guards weren't very cooperative, though. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that I am allowed to shoot any public building that I please as long as I am off the grounds. I need to print out a copy of photographers' rights...

[​IMG]

Schlotzsky's Deli: weird name, even weirder advertising :p
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

I really like #4...the pattern is quite nice. Looks like you did well on a dreary day :) Oh and the ad on Scholtzsky's is quite odd...but they make a mean sandwhich :)

3. John E.

John E. TPF Noob!

Good job on a dreary day. I don't understand what security guards can do if you are on public property. I'd tell them to p**s off. I have no patience for those kind of policeman wannabe's

4. dalebe

dalebe TPF Noob!

completely within your rights! i agree with cruzin, and you have done a superb job of these, nice work!

5. spiralout

spiralout TPF Noob!

Yeah, I need to work on my "P**s off!!"... it's not very convincing right now. :D I got all sorts of excuses from security today, ranging from "homeland security" (complete BS, there isn't a single building that I visited that was in ANY danger of being attacked) to one guy giving me a pity story about how the owner of the building would fire him if he saw me shooting freely. Apparently the owner doesn't like having his property photographed...

6. AIRIC

AIRIC TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Great captures, I really like the last one.

Eric

7. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

The angle and the shadows on the building with lots of windows is wonderful! :cheer: I really like that one. :thumbup: I sort of wished it didn't end and carried on as I scrolled.