A Dull tuesday afternoon

lostprophet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Met up with Hoppy on Tuesday and went to a place called Pishill (kid you not)
Weather was dull but I did play with my new lens

CLICK IMAGE FOR HIGH RES

Niiiiiiice!! Those dark clouds really make the first two shots 'pop'. The shots looks beautifully crisp and clear...are ya happy with the lens?

chris82 said:
Nice shots lostprofet,did you use a tripod or did you just take those shots by hand?
hand held as I was told its a bit of a hike.
Also we were in Oxfordshire and im not sure what the locals would make of something with legs :lol:

Antarctican said:
Niiiiiiice!! Those dark clouds really make the first two shots 'pop'. The shots looks beautifully crisp and clear...are ya happy with the lens?
Oh prophet is a happy boy, he like his new toy

Good shots Earl! But I thought you already had that toy? You say it was a dull Tuesday, but the first 2 pictures look very bright as if the sun was out. If you want to take some nice landscape shots this autumn with all the golden brown leaves....take a walk along the river between Henley and Shiplake!

Tim
www.9g-photography.fotopic.net

What lens is it mr prophet?

and yeah, the Oxonians normally slaughter anything with legs that they can't mate with.

I wanted to stop near Pishill last year as there was some fantastic light on the hills, but there was nowhere to stop on the road without incurring a three mile hike back up the hill, so I carried on and had a pint in Henley instead - not as creative, but similarly refreshing!

FOTO-GRAFFIC said:
It makes a change me selling you a lens should have put the price up - Good images but I am not sure it's the lens you were always a bit good at the landscape stuff better than the Otters I feel.:er:
Nice self portrait mate :lol:

Cheers Ray, but like Otters I am also cute, therefore I have to photograph otters from time to time :lol:

But I do like doing landscapes, now if someone could train an Otter to wingwalk at an airshow in say the West Highlands of Scotland I'd be a happy bunny

TIM9G said:
Good shots Earl! But I thought you already had that toy? You say it was a dull Tuesday, but the first 2 pictures look very bright as if the sun was out. If you want to take some nice landscape shots this autumn with all the golden brown leaves....take a walk along the river between Henley and Shiplake!

Tim
www.9g-photography.fotopic.net

Ahh no this is another new lens:D a Canon 24-70 F2.8L usm

Trust me the weather was dull, there were small patches of sun but not a lot, but BUT we did see a stag come bounding out of the bushes but as we were trying to keep Hoppy's dog under control all we could do was watch in awe.

And AND we got within 4feet of a Twany Owl that was asleep on a low branch but as I was changing the ISO on the camera it heard us and flew off

tempra said:
I wanted to stop near Pishill last year as there was some fantastic light on the hills, but there was nowhere to stop on the road without incurring a three mile hike back up the hill, so I carried on and had a pint in Henley instead - not as creative, but similarly refreshing!

well my mate just parked next to the side of the road on a verge ( he is from hampshire ) and we just walked up the footpath.

I too have found many a drinking hole in Henley :drool:

I love the first shot.
although it seems to show the clouds a little less ominous than I remember

I'd like to think we didn't get a shot of the Tawny Owl because we didn't want to disturb it from its slumber with the noise of the shutter going off. Not that we were both "COMPLETELY INCOMPETANT", with me stuck with the 400mm lens and you with the wrong ISO setting!!!!!!! :er: :er:

With the Stag, I thought it best to try and stop Jonty, my Rhodesian Ridgeback, from snacking on the farmers lunch box/leg!! :D instead of getting the shot.

Oh Jonty is a dog, I thought it was a grizzly bear in a dog suit, bloody thing is massive :lol:

Great shootin Prophet. Nicely captured.

Most reactions

Back