A Father and Son

MommyOf4Boys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is a photo I am redoing that I took at Ft. Walton Beach.
Does this look better with or without the shading..or is it just a bad photo all together? LOL

dadboy2.jpg

dadboy.jpg

It is a nice shot with good dad & son interaction. The shading helps fill the white of the sky. Maybe some cropping might make this better.

Yes, the shading helps. And no, it's not bad at all. The black & white here works quite effectively.

At first glance the father draws almost all of my attention, so I agree cropping might be a good idea if "father and son" is really what you are after.

I like the composition/crop as it is. I think the shading helps, but it needs to be more natural looking, and not just hug the edges. I like how the fade looks in the center, near the subjects' arms. I think it would look better without the extra dark upper corners, and if the fade came in closer around their heads.

I like it a lot, I cant help thinking the color might be more emotion invoking natural or even b&W.

Theres just something bout the color of the ocean to bond father and son together!!, but thats just me.....

its an awsome shot !!!! crisp, on focus and you caught the moment...

Awwww! I'm actually partial to the one without the shading. Might try some crops but... I like the picture the way it is. I like that there arn't any clouds to distract from the focus. Great capture.

Yeah, nice composition. But the colour version might have more effect. With ocean in the broad daylight it would have given more effect.

keep the vignetting (what everyone is calling shading) but make it more subtle in shape, meaning less square.

Most reactions

Back