A Favorite Place

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

Last edited:
Great photograph, I just can't stand those sepia tones, never really could and never will, I guess.
Any chance, there will ever be a version without the sepia filter?

Sebastian

I'm not a big fan of the sepia tones either, but it's a neat shot regardless.

I need to stop watching so much Star Trek, though... literally my first reaction was to expect to see Captain Kirk pop around the rock there looking all serious and flip open his communicator to tell Scotty something really critical. :confused: I need help.

Nice shot though. :)

I really like the sepia tone on this one. The composition is spot on. I like how the large overhanging rock seems to frame the smaller ones.

Great work under what appears to be a really difficult lighting situation. However, it is the lighting that really makes the shot and adds to the texture of the rocks.

You live in an interesting place, Abraxas.

Very nice - I think the sepia tones look good with the rocks :)

Thanks Miaow. Had to try something different.

Fantastic shot.

Thanks.

Very nice.

Dani

Thank you Dani.

I'm not a big fan of the sepia tones either, but it's a neat shot regardless.

I need to stop watching so much Star Trek, though... literally my first reaction was to expect to see Captain Kirk pop around the rock there looking all serious and flip open his communicator to tell Scotty something really critical. :confused: I need help.

Nice shot though. :)

Thank you :)

I really like the sepia tone on this one. The composition is spot on. I like how the large overhanging rock seems to frame the smaller ones.

Great work under what appears to be a really difficult lighting situation. However, it is the lighting that really makes the shot and adds to the texture of the rocks.

You live in an interesting place, Abraxas.

Thanks Rick. I've been to this place so many times--The lighting is like an argument I enjoy with an old friend.

Playing with this 180 adapter lately, I find I need to go back and do it again. I love it here.

I think sepia works well in this shot too. The composition is excellent and the lighting, while not spot on, is interesting.

I think sepia works well in this shot too. The composition is excellent and the lighting, while not spot on, is interesting.

Thanks.

lovely shot and well processed in sepia....I love the rocks here, they look almost pliable like plastecine.

Thank you. From what I've heard, at one time at least they were. They just sort of bubbled up from below. Old too. I believe this area is a remnant from the supercontinent Pangea.

I personally love the sepia in this shot. The lighting is fantastic and the sepia makes me feel like I'm in the middle of the desert.

Thanks Lacey Anne. Over the years I've really become attached to this particular location. I already have a few more ideas I want to go back and try.

Abraxas,

Can you please please please just once some time try filtering out some of the sensor's extended red sensitivity? I love your shots but sometimes I just feel like the infamous digital sky just ruins it for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back