A Fence

BTilson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know the topic is a popular (cliched?) one, but here is my take on it. C&C is appreciated!

2889149619_0c7223586a_o.jpg

definitely a cool picture but i would have like it if the whole fence was in focus

stand a little farther back or somethin idk, it was just what came to mind...

I could have stood further back, zoomed in a bit more and used a smaller aperture, that probably would've put more of the fence in focus.

I think you did a fine job my friend. The colors came out pretty nicely. I like the vignetting too :)

Nice what about black &white ??
Troy

Colors are nice. Not the prettiest fence in the world, IMO, but interesting compositional choices.

It looks good, but I feel it's too tilted. I agree, a tilt would be fine, but not a large tilt, or just move your position. There is no tilt, the darkness in the two corners are created due to the shade from the trees and the bush. I would reduce the width of the border, you don't want to overdue it. What was the f/stop? I can't find the exif data on the image. I wouldn't go so far as to use f/22 though.... you'd need a tripod. F/12 is good enough for what your looking for.

I'm a sucker for b&w, my main shooting is done with film so i prefer b&w in scenery and pattern photos. I assume you are using PS, am I correct? If so, open curves from the cookie image in the layers area, not from image (they do different things). Bring more white into the image just so you can get rid of some blacks, they overpower in the background and then you can bump the contrast to add more texture.

Hope this helps!

Oh and not being mean or anything, but watermarks aren't really needed, unless your sending images to a customer to prevent them from stealing them and not paying you for the real ones. Or if you are selling them and promoting yourself. With it in the border though, it's very easy to steal the image for future reference if a client is getting an image like this. They just crop the border out and the watermark is gone. You can also place metadata into the image itself through bridge, very sneaky to keep rights hidden.

I love the b&w. I do think I would like a little less tilt. But it is really nice

I like it and I think the vignetting and tilt add to the photo. I also like the bright green of the colour photo.

Most reactions

Back