TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i changed the first picture

2921063514_cfe8f70cd8_o.jpg

2920220313_39d769d209_o.jpg

Last edited:
Your subject being stoned is kinda throwing me off big time with these shots. If he just looks like that, I'm sorry.

#1 needs to be sharpened and they both might benefit from some level adjustment. They seem to need a little more contrast, but just a little bit. A little vignetting never hurts either in my book. Lastly, maybe you should change your signature. That big, fat, red signature is really distracting.

well, in the first one they are out of focus, he moreso than she, and his eyes are practically closed.
The second is better but IMO there is too much space above their heads.
And they are both overexposed.

also i have a question..kinda off topic..but is tiff better than jpeg for printing and also when i make prints, i use a priner that has Y,M,C,BK ink...in my camera what color space should i be shooting with sRGB or Adobe RGB...or does that even effect the colors when printing at all?

well, in the first one they are out of focus, he moreso than she, and his eyes are practically closed.
The second is better but IMO there is too much space above their heads.
And they are both overexposed.
i hate my monitor...my screen is very dark so yea...that explains that...i have to light all of my pictures cuz of my bad screen

... what color space should i be shooting with sRGB or Adobe RGB...or does that even effect the colors when printing at all?

From what I gather, if you are shooting in RAW then it doesn't matter if your camera is set in sRGB or AdobeRGB. That setting only affect the .jpg format. As for printing, convert your photos to AdobeRGB. For the internet, use sRGB. I get my prints done at Costco and they told me that their printers use the AdobeRGB color space at 300 dpi. I've gotten some photos printed in 16X9 and 8x12 just last week and they came out beautifully; just like my monitor displayed them. I converted to the AdobeRGB color space just before send to Costco online. I hear that if you do not convert to AdobeRGB, your photos may be printed a little saturated. Another note, I use a CRT monitor. Yeah, yeah, its old but works great. Some people say that LCD monitors need to be really calibrated correctly or else their photos won't be exactly what they see on the monitor.

From what I gather, if you are shooting in RAW then it doesn't matter if your camera is set in sRGB or AdobeRGB. That setting only affect the .jpg format. As for printing, convert your photos to AdobeRGB. For the internet, use sRGB. I get my prints done at Costco and they told me that their printers use the AdobeRGB color space at 300 dpi. I've gotten some photos printed in 16X9 and 8x12 just last week and they came out beautifully; just like my monitor displayed them. I converted to the AdobeRGB color space just before send to Costco online. I hear that if you do not convert to AdobeRGB, your photos may be printed a little saturated. Another note, I use a CRT monitor. Yeah, yeah, its old but works great. Some people say that LCD monitors need to be really calibrated correctly or else their photos won't be exactly what they see on the monitor.
so adobe and 300 dpi...you use photoshop?

uhhhhhh, I would really research this before switching to Adobe. Do a google search and read all you can and read here about this too. Everything out there says not to use Abode unless you really know what you are doing.
There is a discussion about it going on right now in the Beyond the Basics Forum here.
As for your dark monitor, calibrate it so you can see the colors properly.

Last edited:
I noticed you have that your photos are ok to edit..Just did a levels adjustment, added contrast and I forgot to sharpen the 2nd, but I did sharpen the 1st a little.

edit #1...I cropped out the sky since it was blown out.
samp2.jpg

Edit #2
samp3.jpg

Did you resize 1 from 2? It seemsa lot softer and kinda pixelated.

I resized it to a 4 x 6, but since it was a small file to begin with..it didn't give me many pixels to work with. If I had a larger file it wouldn't have come out as pixelated.

i still cant get the print to come out right :(...a few months ago i printed some pictures and the color was very good...at that time i didnt know anything about color space i was just shooting...but now they come out very dull...what does uncalibrated color space mean

Your subject being stoned is kinda throwing me off big time with these shots. If he just looks like that, I'm sorry.

Read some ignorant comments on this f orum, but this one takes the cake.

If these files were resized UP to 4x6 then yes, theres not a whole lot that can be done here. If it was resized down, well then its definitely a focus problem. No amount of levels/contrast adjustment is going to bring any of these two photos into focus sadly.

Most reactions

Back