A few bugs from this morning.

PhotoriousMe

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The first bug is smaller than a pepper corn. I have no idea what it is. If you know please tell.
Still working on getting as much light as possible without glare......not quite there yet.
The ant is one of those brown types that are so small, about 1mm.
Shot with R1C1 flash kit with Vello diffusers, 85mm macro lens, manual settings.

Bug 4.jpg

Bug 3.jpg

Bug 2.jpg

Bug 1.jpg

Ant on stem spikes.jpg

Ant on stem.jpg

Very nice set. Sorry can't help with ID.

Very nice set. I like 1 and 5 the best. Hopefully someone can ID that first one. Do you have a CPL that will fit that lens? Someone mentioned to me to use one so I didn't get glare from the jumping spiders eyes. I have seen someone else's photo who used it and it looked great. I think with insects that have the glossy shell will be hard getting rid of glare even with a diffuser and a CPL should fix that.. I do have a CPL that will fit my lens so I will give it a try on my next macro session.

Very nice set. I like 1 and 5 the best. Hopefully someone can ID that first one. Do you have a CPL that will fit that lens? Someone mentioned to me to use one so I didn't get glare from the jumping spiders eyes. I have seen someone else's photo who used it and it looked great. I think with insects that have the glossy shell will be hard getting rid of glare even with a diffuser and a CPL should fix that.. I do have a CPL that will fit my lens so I will give it a try on my next macro session.

Thanks Brent. I don't have a CPL for my macro lens. Please let me know how it works out for you. If it helps I may purchase one.

Dave

Most reactions

Back