A few BW, which one works better?

scheffer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

A few black and whites, recently shot in the central station in Antwerp. Not sure which one I like better though. Should the people be in there,or not?

thanks for looking,
Danny

Attachments

• $CRW_7705.jpg
    $CRW_7705.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 127
  • $CRW_7707.jpg
    $CRW_7707.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 99
  • $CRW_7711.jpg
    $CRW_7711.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 100
Hmmm :scratch: tough question. I like all three of them in their own way.

I really like the very strict, strong graphical element and very clear lines in the first, the equally strong element of repetition and the vanishing point and I think ... think I prefer the first to the second for the ceiling has nice lines, too, which don't show so well on the floor, despite the shadows. Plus the ceiling is so nicely lit!

But of course your photo becomes less strict and graphic with the inclusion of people at once.

So it is not a matter of "better" or "worse" with or without people, but it is a matter of expression - your photo that includes the people at once says something all different.

^^^Uh Huh^^^

None of them is terrifically interesting. The one with people is best, if it is necessary to like one.

Rusty

B&W works very well for these gives an old feeling to it :D

the third one is interesting because of the people, in that sense it is less abstract than the other two (which don't seem to be about the place mainly, but about the perspective).

I think they are all good for b&W or at least for monochrome. my favourite is number 2 because it is the one with the best exposure... maybe punch up the contrast a bit though.

to make them more interesting, I would get closer to either the right wall or closer to the pillars on the left. Then you get more detail in part of the foreground, without loosing the background. But make sure to use a smaller aperture to get the foreground sharper. use a tripod.

Just my strange opinion ;)

Indeed, to add this old feeling to it, I converted these into B and W. The iron and windows are a nice scenery. The exposure in the first seems to be a bit too much, however I quickly converted these and did not pay too much attention. This was done a second time to put these on the web. My first attempt showed a better picture, however I don't have it here. I put it on paper, and the result is nice. I do not have a picture with people using the perspective as in #1, but I see what Znarled is aiming at. Maybe I should go back, after all it is not too far away from where I live.

thanks for the comments you all. I am more convinced some people need to be in the picture, just to give it something extra.

Danny

Most reactions

New Topics

Back