A few C&C

er111a

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
er111a.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
for all of these I was going for a painting look, thank you for looking :)
1)
ava.jpg

2)
Funky.jpg

3)
mo.jpg

Holy god man, STOP POST PROCESSING.

When you get a handle on everything else, feel free to edit as you like. But you can't edit crap into nice work. Focus on photography first. If you don't do that you will NEVER achieve your signature.

Holy god man, STOP POST PROCESSING.

When you get a handle on everything else, feel free to edit as you like. But you can't edit crap into nice work. Focus on photography first. If you don't do that you will NEVER achieve your signature.
your welcomed to your option, however I don't appreciate you saying 1) that my images are crap and two I stuck to one pp in all of them and I was asking about the effect and if it looked good on these photos

for all of these I was going for a painting look, thank you for looking :)

2)
Funky.jpg

QUOTE]

This shot is a successful effort. It does have a watercolor like look to it, and the formal balance of the composition is perfectly fine. I think if it were bordered and framed that it would look very good. This is a perfectly valid use of artistic expression through photography and post processing. The shot of the little girl and the dog do not really seem to work as well.

2)
Funky.jpg

QUOTE]

This shot is a successful effort. It does have a watercolor like look to it, and the formal balance of the composition is perfectly fine. I think if it were bordered and framed that it would look very good. This is a perfectly valid use of artistic expression through photography and post processing. The shot of the little girl and the dog do not really seem to work as well.[/QUOTE]

I agree with Derrel here.I personally think this is theonly keeper out of teh three...

Surprisingly, i actually like this... it does look like an water or even a light oil painting... the white kind od distracts making it look blown out... but over all i think the PP added to the image and compliments this shot well.:thumbup:

the others.... just not feeling them. but to each their own.

Holy god, Turco, STOP CALLING PEOPLES EFFORTS CRAP!!

What gives? Were you born with a camera in your hand? Everybody learns at their own pace about taking good shots. I'm sure these were nice even before the post processing. I like the dog one, personally. The one with the girl is nice, too, but what do you do to erase the background (like, the kitchen or wherever that you don't want to see). Yeah, you can blur all that, but she wanted to do something different and unique, and did quite nicely.

Oh, before I'm done, be careful what you say.. in my mind, and now to many others, turcophoto.com is an opinionated jerk who I would never want to do business with. Think about it.

I think the water image turned out great. I agree with the framing suggestion.

Holy god, Turco, STOP CALLING PEOPLES EFFORTS CRAP!!

What gives? Were you born with a camera in your hand? Everybody learns at their own pace about taking good shots. I'm sure these were nice even before the post processing. I like the dog one, personally. The one with the girl is nice, too, but what do you do to erase the background (like, the kitchen or wherever that you don't want to see). Yeah, you can blur all that, but she wanted to do something different and unique, and did quite nicely.

Oh, before I'm done, be careful what you say.. in my mind, and now to many others, turcophoto.com is an opinionated jerk who I would never want to do business with. Think about it.
thank you just fyl im a guy lol
and thanks for the positives cc guys

Serious question here - er111a how much anime do you watch (if you happen to watch any) and what kinds? Only a lot of the time I see your processing I am reminded of bits of anime and scenes and such and I feel its the way your going with your processing.

er111a if you don't mind me asking why do you PP so much?

if your in photoshop, duplicate the layer and then filter the top layer. then mess with blending and opacity to achieve a balance in between detail and painterly. could use some more contrast. i like the water;)

If you want a paint effect, go into painting.
I prefer the second one from the three, but they're all hazy...like a thick fog is over them. They don't look like paintings at all.

I really like the bridge (or is it a pier?). It has a nice feel to it and I would really be proud if it where my shot!
The dog misses detail and contrast. It looks like something ate its head and left a large black hole in the paper...
The girl looks like its missing an arm. And I think the colour of the background is a bit to light for her tone of skin and hair.

Most reactions

Back