A few DC shots

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Have not had much time for posting or even finish editing my DC shots, with this new job stuff. :er: Thought I would toss out a few more from my recent visit to DC.

The Fireside Chat statue at the FDR memorial
CRW_2264x.jpg

y'all can read more here. >>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fireside_Chats

Robert Kennedy grave
IMG_2043w.jpg

A protester on the streets near the White house
CRW_2346aa.jpg

Washington Momument
IMG_2178aaa.jpg

Another shot of the water falls at the FDR memorial
CRW_2269x.jpg

Guard at the tomb of the unknown soldier. A little select colour here:wink:
CRW_2049zzz.jpg

Another shot of Arlington
IMG_2047zzz.jpg

Hopefully I can finish going over the other hundred or so images soon.

WOW nice nice shots!...i like the 1st(statue) and 6th (guard) shots...6th is my fav...

[Hi. am new here n to photography as well; will u plz tell me, in pic 1, what point in the pic u used for exposure calculation; n wht metering mode u used - i mean evaluative etc. Thanx]

Great shots here Chiller!

I love the tones in Fireside Chat... and the protestor gets two thumbs up. I like the perspective on the Robert Kennedy grave shot as well.

In the sixth image how did you select the colour of the gun leaving the rest of the image in B&W? I have seen this before and often wondered how it is done.

2nd and last really stand out for me!

Thanks so much for all your awesome comments. I really appreciate it.

Dpez. First off...welcome to the forum. I took my light reading off the light spot on the shoulder of the figure. My settings were. ISO200,4sec/F13. I did a slight crop on the right side and some final tweaking in photoshop....just brightness/contrast/desaturate.

E999sam. Welcome to the forum too. I did the select colour by creating a duplicate layer in photoshop, desaturating one, and erasing all the colour in the other image, to explose the desaturated image in the background. I decided to just leave the gun in colour.

Thanks again everyone. Hope I can get more DC stuff up later.

Most reactions

Back