A few Deer.

davev

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Taken at a close by state park.
No threat of hunters, so they don't worry about people to much.
That makes it easier, and much more fun.

725070064_UCusY-L.jpg

725070073_6YWQ7-L.jpg

719166498_9nS5V-L.jpg

713797998_3xSua-XL.jpg

705160039_CM9Nt-L.jpg

That's enough.

Thanks for looking.

#2, 4, 5 are awesome not diggin #1 because DOF and the blur from frontal objects

Wow awsome shots, my husband is a hunter and I can't wait to go and take pictures like this, would you mind sharing the equipment you used, I am fairly new to photography and just bought a Canon 50D. I am not sure what lenses I need and other equipment to do wildlife shots. Thank you ;)

Wow awsome shots, my husband is a hunter and I can't wait to go and take pictures like this, would you mind sharing the equipment you used, I am fairly new to photography and just bought a Canon 50D. I am not sure what lenses I need and other equipment to do wildlife shots. Thank you ;)

Thanks.

The 50D will work just fine for shots like these.
My camera is a 5DMKII, and for these shots (other than #3) I used a Canon 100-400 lens.
For the 3rd shot, I used a Canon 400L f5.6 lens.

EXCELLENT work. Some of the nicest deer photos I have seen in the last year or so. I like the second shot, of the buck checking his back trail. The drinking shot is also very nice. You're really doing a good job at getting close and getting well-focused, crisp shots.

Very nice, I love most all critters, but I really like peek-a-boo shots like 1 and 2. A shame that 1 dumb grass blade caught the eye a bit in 1. I assume you were at the 400 end of your zoom, how far were you from #4. Really nice sharp output. He surely did have a bead on you though didn't he.

I like the second one the best. All are good, but that one has more of that indefinable "pop"

After hunting them with both a gun and a camera I like #1 & #2. IMO, while #3-#5 are "better pictures" they could of been taken at 50-1000 yards while the others look like they were taken up close and personal.

Thanks again.

I'm able to get very close to these guys.
I've shot some as close as maybe 50 feet away.
Not that that's a smart idea with the bucks in rut, but I try to be careful.
I did have one buck drop his head, snort, and start pawing at the dirt.
I figured it was time to move on at that point. Well I did take one shot before leaving.;)

The "It's time for you to leave" shot.
708883732_JeSB7-XL.jpg

A couple of more shots.
708883592_EtWcK-XL.jpg

708883574_dzBRd-XL.jpg

Just to show that they don't all come out the way you want.
722331865_mFTtR-L.jpg

Thanks for looking.

These are great, I love no 4 in the first post and no 3 in the 2nd.

Absolutely beautiful pictures. The 1st image is my favourite, I love the blur. My fiance's a hunter, and I would absolutely love to show him these pictures.. But, I'm a little afraid he might shoot my computer :er:

EXCELLENT work. Some of the nicest deer photos I have seen in the last year or so. I like the second shot, of the buck checking his back trail. The drinking shot is also very nice. You're really doing a good job at getting close and getting well-focused, crisp shots.

In an effort to get people to send in their plans to share with the rest of the hunting community, Deer Stands - Tree Stands, Ground Blinds, Homemade Deer Stand Plans, And Deer Stand Info is hosting a deer blind plans submission contest with prizes.There are 4 Cabella’s gift cards to win.... Please lat a look at : deer blind plans ;)

wow these are positively gorgeous shots!! you've done well!! the images I get are so cluttered with houses and fences,, these are beautiful!! I want to get out in my ground blind and try some shots of our deer closer to town, where the same as you, they aren't too afraid of humans. you have performed magic here,, nicely done!!!!

:thumbup: Awesome shots! You must have sat in the woods for hours, no? These are so beautiful!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back