A Few Different Animals & Birds

Miaow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
s7.invisionfree.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A Few pics of animals and birds from a children's farm we went to today :)

Pheasant (though wire - 1st time I've tried blurring wire out lol)
pheasant.jpg

Corella (another through wire shot)
white_parrot.jpg

Dingo
dingo.jpg

Goats Eat Anything - Even 1 week old kids :lol:
kid1.jpg

Now I know why they call them goatees ;)
goatee1.jpg

great shots, they make me want to test out my 300mm lens on my neighbors goats and llama, not like they aren't always in my backyard anyways!

These are good. You did well in blurring out the fence in front of the birds! Worked a charm. Good focus on the eyes in both cases!

Only for the dingo shot I sit here and think "Oh, if she had crouched..."

3 and 5 are very cool!

Nice images!

Thanks for the comments MBasile, LaFoto & Bifurcator:)

LaFoto, it was starting to rain and didnt even think of trying to get lower for the Dingo pic was sorta get the pic done through the wire (large holes etc) before me and the camera maybe got wet LOL

Very nice work there, it looks like you have done well with the exposures - 4 is very well exposed. However looking at the Corella you can see that the white of the bird has lost the detail in the feathers = a tricky subject being all white. One thing I have had advised to me and I have found to work well (especially when combined with RAW shooting) is to underexpose when dealing with whites and bright light (and to underexpose when in the brigher parts of the day)usually by about -1 which will then help you preserve the whites. From there in editing you can go on to brighten the shot (or in RAW boost the exposure) to restor the brighness to the shot - and as you underexposed before there will be the details in the whites to show, whilst with normal or over exposing the whites lose the details.

Of the set I would say the last is the best because you have managed to preserve the details in the whites and not overexpose and you have a good close up with eye contact. It also (to me) does not feel too constricted either as the direction of focus is the lens - thus the viewer so the eye is not left looking for the space that the animals eye is following
After that I am very impressed with the bar removal you have done and I would be very interested to have a look at the original versions of the shots (if you still have them) to see what they looked like before and to have the details of how you removed the bars - something I have not mastered at all.

ps the first is a Lady Amherst (male)

Very nice work there, it looks like you have done well with the exposures - 4 is very well exposed. However looking at the Corella you can see that the white of the bird has lost the detail in the feathers = a tricky subject being all white. One thing I have had advised to me and I have found to work well (especially when combined with RAW shooting) is to underexpose when dealing with whites and bright light (and to underexpose when in the brigher parts of the day)usually by about -1 which will then help you preserve the whites. From there in editing you can go on to brighten the shot (or in RAW boost the exposure) to restor the brighness to the shot - and as you underexposed before there will be the details in the whites to show, whilst with normal or over exposing the whites lose the details.

Of the set I would say the last is the best because you have managed to preserve the details in the whites and not overexpose and you have a good close up with eye contact. It also (to me) does not feel too constricted either as the direction of focus is the lens - thus the viewer so the eye is not left looking for the space that the animals eye is following
After that I am very impressed with the bar removal you have done and I would be very interested to have a look at the original versions of the shots (if you still have them) to see what they looked like before and to have the details of how you removed the bars - something I have not mastered at all.

ps the first is a Lady Amherst (male)

Thanks:) The guy there said just said it was a pheasant - I didn't know they had specific breeds lol - Those are the originals of the pics (well with some contrast and a touch of sharpness added) the wire blurring I did was via high focal length (zoom lens) & large appeture and was really close to the wire (smallish chicken wire) i havent removed it via PP :)

Thanks sunlioness also :)

I wasn't going to comment but my 2yo just labeled these as follows:

1. A pigeon.
2. A different pigeon.
3. A wolf.
4. A dog.
5. It eats grass. What that?

Lol....I may need to spend more time reading him animal books.

I love the goat(ee) pic, personally.

Hehehe! So cute! Cherish the moments (!!) for soon it will be Yo, mom lend me the keys, see ya monday...

--

Corella (bird), a member of a group of cockatoos from the (sub)genus Licmetis. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Licmetis

I wasn't going to comment but my 2yo just labeled these as follows:

1. A pigeon.
2. A different pigeon.
3. A wolf.
4. A dog.
5. It eats grass. What that?

Lol....I may need to spend more time reading him animal books.

I love the goat(ee) pic, personally.

Very cute :D

I spose if you're from the US a child would be more likely to think the Dingo is a Wolf :) And more likely if here in Aus to say a Dingo or dog since we don't have wolves here :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back