a few easter shots

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by rppaint, Apr 7, 2009.

1. rppaint

rppaint TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    What do you think of the exposure and comp.?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. William Petruzzo

William Petruzzo TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    These are a good start. I think my only criticism is that none of them have a strong focal point, except maybe the last, but it's even there it's a bit convoluted. I find myself wondering where my attention is supposed to go. My first reaction is always to the flowers, but then I end up confused because they're out of focus, at which point I discover the egg. Maybe that's the point. If it is, kudos.

Number two is actually exactly the opposite. Without the context of the other images, I wouldn't be able to tell what the purple thing is.

I think these images would benefit from two things. 1. carefully selecting what you want the viewer to focus on (and making sure nothing else is really competing with it) and 2. A bit more drama in your angles. Try catching things from an angle the human eye wouldn't ordinarily see it. It often results in a more interesting photo.

3. jbeanv

jbeanv TPF Noob!

I like the idea of the third one, but something about it is off to me. They all seem to be a little too busy, to much going on.

4. rppaint

rppaint TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I just realized i never said thank you for all the input! I'm so sorry!:blushing: