A few favorites of my mini dachshund

meganc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Nothing professional, I'm still on and new to this, kinda ha :p
But these were a few of my favorites from the past month
1-

2-

(it's kinda noisy and she's got scratches on her ears...her and the kitty play too rough sometimes, lol)
3-

(taken this morning)

That's all for now, I just felt like sharing some since I never do since I'm still on a point and shoot, but I thought why not :D
Clicking the pictures takes you to them on my flickr, and sorry if they were too small, bigger sizes are on my flickr too.

*Forgot to say, they were straight out of the cam besides being resized.

Awww!

She is very photogenic!

I feel number 3 is the best of this batch. The light that you captured on herace without huge shadows adds alot to the shot. Of course, she's giving those saucer-eyes, who can resist a photo of that?

Thank you very much :)
Yeah, the 3rd was a very lucky shot, she had just woken up so she was still a bit tired and would sit still for me, and I love the way it came out :)
It is super hard to get her to sit still though, I use treats but sometimes she just jumps to try to get them :p
The second one was kind of a test shot, seeing how my mini set up would work, and I just set it up in front of a glass door, so the lighting worked pretty well I think, besides the noise, which may have been because she wasn't exactly sitting still?
The backdrops were just fabrics from like walmart or something that we had laying around, and what they were set up on was this board thing I used to use for setting up Home Interiors displays, it's decent sized and I just have to pin the fabrics on, and I never do anything bigger than Molly, so it works out pretty well :D
And the first one, she was just sitting on our walk way watching the snow fall (her first snow, she was prob wondering what it was :p), and I just snapped a picture while she was sitting still, and I liked the way it came out :)
Starting last Sunday (Easter) I'm doing a picture a day thing for her, mainly because she is of course my main subject, and I love taking photos of her :)
I'm hoping to get a Nikon d40 sometime soon, perhaps within the next few months if I get paid more often :p

Sounds like an adorable dog!

... Read up on the D40 first.

Yeah, trust me, I've read about it lol. I know about the 'lens limitations' and everything, I think it would work to get me started though. And really, it depends on how much money I would have, I want to get one asap, so if I have more money I'd love to go with a d80.

Anyone else?

Hey, I like #2, with the exception of the background, kind of a wrinkled sheet ;)

I use a D50, but I just bought a Nikon D40 for my stepdaughter. I am a little disappointed in the AF problem, but it's a nice little camera. Got a great LCD monitor in back compared to mine. If you can swing it, wait for the D80.

Yeah, it was the only sheet I had, I gotta go get some more :p
But thanks!

Yeah, I do like the big lcd and that the d40 is smaller and lighter, but definitely if I can I will get the d80.

Thanks again :)

THe third pic's lighting/shadows makes it a very good picture in my eyes.

Thank you :)

I really do like how that one came out, especially because it was really just a snapshot. We were in my room, and I think the only lighting there was was the sun shining in, where she was laying. Sunshine always makes her coat look more red :)

I love the lighting in the 3. pic. Truely amazing shoot! Very nice dog btw.

Thank you :)
I believe it was taken around 8:30am...and the sun was shining right in the window, so it was perfect :D

Here's another snapshot I took this morning, she was being silly :p

(clicking it takes you to it on my flickr)
:)

Here's another I took about an hour ago, it's not really good but I just thought I'd share. :)

(clicking it takes you to it on my flickr)
Anyone else?

Most reactions

Back