dsc6260pslogosm.jpg

By guinnessman, shot with NIKON D5000 at 2010-03-01

dsc5739ps9x12logosm.jpg

By guinnessman, shot with NIKON D5000 at 2010-02-28

dsc1869pssm.jpg

By guinnessman, shot with NIKON D5000 at 2010-02-25

dsc8343pssm.jpg

By guinnessman, shot with NIKON D5000 at 2010-02-25

Wow you got some beautiful models there!

I love the first one, is it a bit crooked though? Hard to tell. I love the effect of the B&W along with the color of the walls, it really gives the image some drama and pop. Awesome!

#2 is creative, and the model looks great. It doesn't speak to me like the first one does though

I really love the pose and the setting for #3 and she looks so natural. However, either you did too much blurring in the face or missed the focus there. Shame if the latter is the case, because it could have been an outstanding shot

#4 is very cool and the shot really came out awesome. As a guy I wish the focus was elsewhere though ;) Really nice effect over all though in this one

-tim

I think both shots are pleasing because you have a great grasp of creative composition and she's so compelling to look at. I still think she looks soft in both pictures though. Have you done any blurring on her skin in PP?

-tim

I did a Gaussian blur but layer masked her out. If I remember correctly.

I agree. Maybe too soft

these photos are out of place in the beginner forum (and i mean that as a compliment) most newbs are probably at a loss for what to pick apart (including myself)

i do agree the tilt on the first photograph throws me off a bit when i look at the ceiling but i love the last one in terms of focusing on the footprints versus the model different idea i would not have thought of

Well thank You. I am a beginner just looking to improve. All my photos dont come out like this. I figured if I posted my best ones and got slammed then I can come back down to earth a little.

We all fall in love with our best photo even if its not good. Outside perspective is always good. Thanks for the compliments.

these photos are out of place in the beginner forum (and i mean that as a compliment) most newbs are probably at a loss for what to pick apart (including myself)

I concur.

Well thank You. I am a beginner just looking to improve. All my photos don't come out like this. I figured if I posted my best ones and got slammed then I can come back down to earth a little.

We all fall in love with our best photo even if its not good. Outside perspective is always good. Thanks for the compliments.

Humility is an excellent quality, but after seeing these, you have no need to be humble. The models are spectacular and your shots emphasize their beauty. Well done! :thumbup:

These look outstanding to me, pretty girls always a plus.

#4 made me say 'wow' out loud. Love the composition.

Like the second shot of the girl in 3, better focus, but the first shot isn't bad. I pasted it into photoshop and did a quick sharpen on the eyes and some extra contrast on them and they popped right out, so to speak.

Also you get cool points for liking Guinness.

Nice pictures.

#1 I agree with what others have said about fixing the slant to it. It doesn't feel intentional so it ends up looking simply crooked. The colored graffiti walls are competing for visual attention with the black and white model and I sort of feel it is dead locked, and I am unsure where to focus. What if you reversed the color treatment and made the walls black and white and the model color? Or just adjusted the tones on the model to make her pop more?

#2 you have a really engaging and beautiful looking model. It sort of bothers me that a slat of wood is blocking her mid section any denying the viewer a complete look at her form. This is a beauty shot and I think it would be better if she was on the other side of the slat. I see what you are going for, I think. It is a really cool location and the textures and color work really well with the model. But if the environment is going to hide and reveal in this organic type way, I think there should be some type of payoff of what is revealed. Right now it feels like it is just obstructing the image a bit.

#3 I would maybe crop off the top, where the foliage and sky is revealed. It shows it is an overcast day and dampens the mood of the photo a bit. I like the model and your pose of her. I'm not too keen on her feet. Feet are rarely a flattering body part to expose so it is usually best to get some kind of shoes on the model imo.

#4 is really nice. I think if you brought it 5% farther it would be really good. Maybe try a vignette or a graduated filter for the sky (gradates from darken on top to brighter on bottom). It just feels like it needs a little more of a punch and visual focus.

Good job. I'm being super nit picky but thought you might appreciate it.

thank you all for the recent critiques. I cant say I disagree with what you have said. I wouldnt have picked out those things. Thanks for nit-picking :) It does help.

Most reactions

Back