Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by er111a, May 12, 2010.
thank you your thoughts mean alot to me
1. Something is out of service... but what? The shot is boring, and the color is horrible.
2. I like this one, it catches my eye, and it's late and my eyes are tired so maybe that's why, but I can't tell if it's broken glass or a sawed off tree trunk.
3. I can see a smiley face in the shot, but I have to look really really hard. It's pretty boring besides that.
4. What's with the purple? Doesn't look natural at all. And did the focus monster steal your focal point? I don't see it.
5. Was a pretty good shot until you added the vignetting. The tree does a good job of framing the boats, which seem like the subject of the photograph, so you don't need the vignetting. You REALLY don't need it to cover up your subject. Before you learn HOW to apply these, learn WHEN and WHERE.
6. Boring. No real subject, color is off.
7. If you can re-take this shot, line it up just like it is, then lower the elevation on the camera a few inches. Use a smaller aperature to achieve a deeper DOF. Focus on the lip or the bottom of the neck of the bottle, not the base. Not a bad shot though.
The last one is the only one that does anything for me, and I think that would have been better shot on B&W film. Most just have too much processing for my taste. Sorry :-(
I know bitter I know, but its hard to do that for 7 photos and I was in a hurry next time I promise
4 and 7 are the only ones with pp tho and its ok
I call shenanigans!
Glittered up trash.
In the end, they're all trash.
#1: you should have just deleted it.
#2 & #3 are hurtful to look at and are so closely cropped, it just reminds me of a texture you can use in PP. Not that I look those either.
#4: is one of the alright ones from the batch, but you have a serious problem with contrast and saturation.
#5: there's a horrible cyan blowout in the middle of it.
#7: Looks like a drunken shot, imo. You're PP to your disadvantage. I think this would have been okay with a vintage treatment. I don't like the texture on the left either.
From other threads you've posted showing your work, I can't say that I enjoy any of it. Lay off the PS a little...
Caution: There is no sarcasm in the above text.
I can't say I disagree though...
I've lost count of the number of times you've been advised to ease up on the processing. It just doesn't seem to sink in with you. Maybe that's why your threads always get so many replies, because half of them are just cut and pasted from other threads saying to stop overprocessing your shots.
I ONLY DID PP ON 2 OF EM :"(
#1 - there is selective coloring. selective coloring = pp
#4 - bad coloring = pp
#5 - obviously a vignette going on here = pp
#6 - seriously, how could you say no pp for this when there is a rainbow gradient in the sky, with bad transitions might i add = pp
#7 - funky filter = pp
i bet there's some in 2 and 3 but it's not obvious.
the only one that does anything for me is #5
do yourself a favor and uninstall PS. post some shots straight from the camera.
Separate names with a comma.