A few from a decommissioned tuberculosis center

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by William Petruzzo, May 25, 2009.

1. William Petruzzo

William Petruzzo TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Last night, I made a trip to a local tuberculosis treatment center that been long-since decommissioned. The intent of course was to catch some long exposures. Of course, the abandoned building pictures are somewhat obligatory, but I think they turned out pretty well. I thought I'd share them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

For what it's worth, the Flickr set is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/petruzzophoto/sets/72157618780643242/

2. invisible

invisible Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm drawn to the last one, which I think might have worked perfectly well without the light effect (maybe with the vanishing point off centre); the effect, however, breaks the symmetry and makes the photo very interesting (at least to me). Can you explain how you did it?

3. William Petruzzo

William Petruzzo TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    The hallway had no light whatsoever. According to my meter I was going to need something light a 23 minute exposure. I didn't have the equipment or the patience with me to do something like that. But also, I wanted to capture the same thing, but differently than others had done it before me. Hence the light effect.

It was achieved by taking a long exposure and having an assistant run down the hallway while twirling a flashlight around in front of him. The black lines on the ground are where the light disappeared behind his legs each time in spun around. I had a number of takes of the same concept which had more uniformity in the lines, but I liked this one best because the uniformity of the background juxtaposed the randomness of the lines perfectly.

Here are a couple of the other takes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The first here was my second favorite after the one I originally posted. These all happened using the same technique.

4. ValDR

ValDR TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Last one of the series is spectacular. Well done.

5. Do'Urden's Eyes

Do'Urden's Eyes TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Very nice idea with those last ones. *thumbs*

6. Baaaark

Baaaark TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    The steps look like a ghost or something. I like it, but its too bad there's a spray painted penis on the right hand side... Lousy kids.