A few from a forum noob :)

R9R Photography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Been doing some C&C on here, so thought I'd offer up some of my own. C&C welcome and appreciated :) I kept it to 4, hope that's not too many. I used smaller sizes for #2 and #3 so the whole pic should fit on the screen.

3000268327_767d30dbe1_o.jpg

3001110928_d5f438f901.jpg

3001111190_85d6b3c778.jpg

3000272979_c1d475017a_o.jpg

Hi RSR,
all pics of the flowers are extremly cutted, the one with the bee is shligtly Ok but the others are not. And i dont get it, why the landscape of the waterfall is been showed in that row?

So, lets get to that roses, that looks like ad-cards for an gardening tool, the Pics tells you, you have something to do more. They arent perfect, in mind you want to add something, to complete the razored egdes.
Thats, what i see personally here, its not an objective comment.:D

greetings peter

#1 - Good capture. Nice colors, shallow DOF, good clarity, the bee is a nice touch. There is a bit of noise in the shadows but it's not too bad.

#2 & #3 - Both are overexposed and noisy. You could try taking down the brightness/lightness and deepening the color saturation a bit.

#4 - This picture is a little overexposed and the colors are a little dull. I like how the waterfall shows motion.

Also on 2 & 3, I would rather see the focus at the center of the flower rather than at the nearest petal. - TF

i definitely agree that 2 and 3 need more color. when i think of roses, i imagine deep, rich colors. for the most part. 1 is great. and 4 is a beautiful shot, though kind of flat. maybe up the contrast and saturate it a little more. the waterfall is beautifully captured!

Thanks all for the comments so far!

Peter - I see what you mean about the roses being cut off in the frame, I thought I was going for something like that but now that I look at it not so sure anymore. And the waterfall is in there cause I like it and this is my first post here, so I threw it in :p

As for #2 and #3 - that was ISO 200 (if I remember right...) film, what else might cause the noise? I noticed that on a lot of my shots lately... :(

For #2, #3, #4 - I don't do much, if any, post-processing. In my mind it feels like cheating :p So what can be done in the field to achieve those results? I'm just not that advanced quite yet :p

Thanks again all and please keep 'em comin!

Most reactions

Back