A few from Arlington National Cemetary

robertwsimpson

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
C&C is always welcome. Hope you like them!

4151368256_2157bb46ec_b.jpg

4151367036_2004a59124_b.jpg

4150609159_51a1139da8_b.jpg

I love going to Washington DC!

Thanks!

That place always makes me think about how much this country has sacrificed to get where it is today... then I get pissed off at how easily people seem to forget about it.

Bob,

I think these are a little underexposed and the first has a blue cast to it. (look at his gloves). Moving the center in levels give some definition to their tunics and gets rid of that dusky look.
IMO, the second would benefit from uprighting the wall in the background.

Lew
soldier1z.jpg
[/URL]

soldier2.jpg

I'm still working on figuring out the curves and what works best to bring out contrast in different levels. Thanks for the tip. I think you're right about the second one. it looks better with the rotation.

As far as white balance on the first one, I experimented a lot with spot balancing off of different white areas. I finally landed on what I did because I thought it most closely represented what I saw when I was there. I actually did notice the blue tint on the gloves, but I was willing to leave that to more closely represent the rest of the picture. I think they even have a slight blue hue in your edited version... and I didn't like the weird color his face was turning when I was adjusting for the gloves. I figured his face was more important than handwear. maybe next time I can create another layer and desaturate the gloves.

Thanks for your comments.

Nice photos, REALLY nice!

What a special place.

I have a photo taken at the "punchbowl" cemetary in Honolulu, where the vets are buried, took the photo on a rainy day that JUST HAPPENED to be on a Dec 07. There is a double rainbow perfectly framed over the main building.

...too bad it was taken on slide film....

Most reactions

Back