A Few From Today...C&C Please

LittleMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few pictures from today up for C&C.

1. I was mainly out scouting new areas when I came across this. It was taken during the middle of the day, so I am mainly asking for composition C&C on this one. I'll have to go back another day for the sunrise (or maybe sunset? This photo was taken facing due west).
F/22, 1/13 sec, ISO 50, handheld

IMG_0298.jpg

2. This was taken just before sunset at a welfare apricot orchard. What would you change about it, other than the blown out sky on the right? I'm thinking of changing the point of focus more towards the first or second tree on the right. The branches at the top left seem a bit distracting.
F/22, 8 sec, ISO 50, Polarizer, RadioShack special tripod :lmao:

IMG_0314.jpg

3. Apricot blossoms in fading light. This was taken right after number two. It was starting to get a little dark at this point, so this was more of just trying something new with a new camera (5d Mark II). What would you change to improve it? I'm thinking cropping a little off the top and right for starters.

IMG_0326.jpg

Thanks in advance everyone!

I like them all....even the first one in full sunlight. If you have a chance to catch the same scene in various stages of light during sunrise or sunset, I am sure it will look great.

The second one is very nice....darks and lights make good transitions from bottom to top, the top right brightness is NOT blown out (in my opinion) just the brightest part of the pic. It appears you pushed the saturation to the limit. The twigs in the left foreground - you are correct - would have been nicer without them. The hill in the background is an interesting shape.

The third one is pleasant but not remarkable in any way. Neat colors.

Last edited:
Thanks for you input. I thought I had pushed the saturation too far in #2, but thought I would get someone else's opinion too.

3 nice pictures. a little high on the contrast i think. especially the first two. the last one's better. the first picture's color is a bit oversaturated, for me.

Most reactions

Back