TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4237258345_acf39a077e_b.jpg

3876737687_0c2c255f5a_b.jpg

3984558918_480c209376_b.jpg

3839706034_b32f22b70f_b.jpg

The first is a funny landscape :scratch: ... ;)

I'm not fond of composition in the second. It is too equally divided into two halves. If the cloud formation was what fascinated you most, you ought to have given the sky more room. If the rolling hills and all the greens of the countryside fascinated you more, you should have given that part more room.

Nice hills that frame that lake (too blue? oversaturated?) ... only does the rock in the foreground take away from that lake a little.

The last looks washed out. Overexposed. The sky is pretty non-descript and the clouds are too bright, and although you composed the photo better than 2, you here focused on a sky that doesn't really "say" as much...

I'm not fond of composition in the second. It is too equally divided into two halves. If the cloud formation was what fascinated you most, you ought to have given the sky more room. If the rolling hills and all the greens of the countryside fascinated you more, you should have given that part more room.

Nice hills that frame that lake (too blue? oversaturated?) ... only does the rock in the foreground take away from that lake a little.

The last looks washed out. Overexposed. The sky is pretty non-descript and the clouds are too bright, and although you composed the photo better than 2, you here focused on a sky that doesn't really "say" as much...

Oh well.

Thanks for the critque.

LaFoto summed it up pretty well. I myself have a really hard time with landscapes.
If you shoot a lot of stuff like this a CP filter would be a great buy.

I keep meaning to buy one.

I find if I am shooting anything where sky, water or trees are a substantial part of the photo I make sure the CP filter is on. Makes things pop more I guess you could say.

I think the third photo with a CP and put the rock more into the corner and less as the focal would look great.

That's what I find, which is why I need to buy one.

Won't the purchase cut into your funds for the 7D? ;)
Or how am I to understand your sig?
But it is true: if landscape photography will become a major part of your work, then a CP is an all necessary part of your equipment.
Someone once told me that for as long as I didn't own a CP, a deliberate underexposure might do the trick... a trick, mind you, that doesn't really work well in all possible cases, for when you have lots of light plus deep shadows, it's not the way to go, really...

im not sure that the first one is a landscape, but it looks awesome!

Also, the third is simple and beautiful. I like the composition, and the rock in the foreground. Nice job.

+1. you said pretty much all there is to say! lol :thumbup:

Won't the purchase cut into your funds for the 7D? ;)
Or how am I to understand your sig?
But it is true: if landscape photography will become a major part of your work, then a CP is an all necessary part of your equipment.
Someone once told me that for as long as I didn't own a CP, a deliberate underexposure might do the trick... a trick, mind you, that doesn't really work well in all possible cases, for when you have lots of light plus deep shadows, it's not the way to go, really...

I'm not going to buy a Cp yet, and the 7D fund needs updating, I just got a lot more today!

wow, the third one looks amazing to me. just out of curiosity, where is that?

I like the composition of #3. I'd bet it would look really nice in B&W or Sepia.

#3 is good, but I think it could have been better if you stepped to your right so that 1) the tip of the rock didn't break the hill's sloping line; and 2) the valley was placed more off center.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back