A Few Lotus Flowers

Very nice. I like the second one the best as it is a nice closeup with no cluttered background and I like the way you have used the lily pad as an out of focus (OOF) background. The first and third contain too much background material that tends to draw the viewers eye away from the main subject. In the first one, I would have gotten closer, or cropped the image so that the flower is the main subject and has the nice clear water as an uncluttered background, although I would have cloned out some of the "stuff" floating on the water, if it was still in the image. In the third image, I would have done something similar - gotten closer, but changed my position so that the clear water on its current left is the background. I would also be a little careful about placing my subject in the centre of the image, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't - check on rule of thirds if you are not aware of this "rule" for subject placement.

I would also like to ask that you number your images when posting more than one or two. This makes it easier for a reviewer to refer to a numbered image rather than having to flip back and forth to ensure that you (the reviewer) have the right image that you are commenting on.

WesternGuy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back