A few macro shots...

Peacemaker636

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please C&C, I want critique on anything that could've been done better.

FrozenBerry.jpg

FrozenBud.jpg

3. (A tighter crop of #1, I can't decide which I like better)
FrozenBerry-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I love the second one and last picture the most. It almost looks like a creature out of a futuristic science fiction novel.

I really like the second one, but I wish the red was a bit more vivid.
Here's what I did (I also softened the background a little..)

FrozenBudps.jpg

Thank you! I like what you did with the red, shanstar, looks very nice.

I've got some other pics that I haven't yet had a chance to edit so you all may be seeing a few more up soon.

I like the idea of the first! Great subject. We don't have anything like this here in the Netherlands. Not cold enough I think. I would have tried another compo though for the first.

Yeah, we had an ice storm here. Lost power for 30+ hours, lol. Bright side; well, you're looking at it. The pics I took are the highlight of the storm. If you like them, check [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtBKesQCZ5c"]this[/ame] out. Most of these were taken without the aspiration of being great works of art (more like awesome pictures of something really cool), so they turned out MUCH better than anticipated :mrgreen:.

Haha! No, we don't have anything like that here! :) Maybe a little ice on the road during winter, but with a little salt it's gone. Funny to see though!

I have 1 problem with the crop of the first (the third). Namely, the second, erm, ice pod? sure. The second, smaller, ice pod is half cut out of the picture. Thus I don't really know what to look at. I would try a more vertical crop, keeping the both pods and part of the stem. That will eliminate some of the unnecessary background, and establish a better focal point.

Great DOF and detail on number 2.

-Will

I really like how you can see it start to fade out of focus as it goes back in number 2. That's one of my favorite things about Macro pics.

i like what you have done here, my only complaint is that the backround is distracting although i dont know how you could fix that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back