a few more Butterfly shots (14) + Maria

awww.. raymond... maria is so pretty in this...i would have to frame the sleeping one with the butterfly beside her... i would put it in her room..and tell her its her guardian angel watching over her ..blending with the butterflies so its not noticed....

she is so pretty...and the shot of her smiling... that is just priceless....

she has some of the best baby shots i have ever seen...she will so love this when she is older....!!

Great shots Raymond! I especially love the ones with Maria (6 and 14).

Did you get any shots of the blue morpho with its wings opened? I've been to 2 butterfly conservatories and have followed the blue morphos for, like, an hour waiting for it to land and open its wings. Those butterflies must be to me like Lafoto says birds are to her...they just won't let me take their picture with their wings opened.

you all are too cool, these shots would be so much better with some fill flash.. I will be messing around with some flash stuff next time I go..

Antarctican said:
Great shots Raymond! I especially love the ones with Maria (6 and 14).

Did you get any shots of the blue morpho with its wings opened? I've been to 2 butterfly conservatories and have followed the blue morphos for, like, an hour waiting for it to land and open its wings. Those butterflies must be to me like Lafoto says birds are to her...they just won't let me take their picture with their wings opened.

do you mean this one??

http://www.pbase.com/raymondjbarlow/image/55467483

i am brutal with names and such, the old brain is getting a bit dull!

And please tell me about the Hummingbird Center in Toronto... we saw the sign when we were in the big smoke a couple of months ago... what's up at this place??

Your little girl is growing beautifully. And, these photos of the butterflies are just as beautiful. Very Nice Raymond !

These are all outstanding Ray, and she does not think you are funny, she is thinking of many ways she can wrap you around her fingers. :lol: Just like mine do.:er:
She is getting so big, seems like last week you were just bringing her home! Aprilraven has a cool idea too!

Bill

Hey Ray, On camera #2 already :) That first image is so sweet; I will have to show it to Berni. You did a great job at Niagara, I have been in twice but will have to go back again sometime soon. Your photos keep getting better and better.

Eric

thanks guys.. Ya, I like the idea of 2 D70's Same batterys, memory sticks, and I can leave the 80-400 on the D70s and never take it off... no more sensor dust!! I just hope the other one can be fixed properly.

I do like Aprils idea, and we will frame that one, and about 2000 others! but, having a live butterfly so close was very cool.

Raymond J Barlow said:
do you mean this one??

http://www.pbase.com/raymondjbarlow/image/55467483

And please tell me about the Hummingbird Center in Toronto... we saw the sign when we were in the big smoke a couple of months ago... what's up at this place??

Yes, Ray, that is indeed the blue morpho. Or the blue mofo as I've come to thing of it. (Sorry, that slipped out).

Ummm, just in case you weren't just kidding, the Hummingbird Centre is the new name for the OKeefe Centre. So "what's up" there would be concerts,the ballet, etc As you've already got access to plenty of swan lakes, it may not be of interest to you for pics

Antarctican said:
Yes, Ray, that is indeed the blue morpho. Or the blue mofo as I've come to thing of it. (Sorry, that slipped out).

Ummm, just in case you weren't just kidding, the Hummingbird Centre is the new name for the OKeefe Centre. So "what's up" there would be concerts,the ballet, etc As you've already got access to plenty of swan lakes, it may not be of interest to you for pics

ioc!! I did not know that., and I have never been there.. I stay away form the big city as much as possible.. unless I get free Leaf tickets!

your daughter is so beautiful...all these images are simply spectacular my friend!

Raymond J Barlow said:
I stay away form the big city as much as possible.. unless I get free Leaf tickets!

Free Leaf tickets? FREE LEAF TICKETS!!?? Wow :hail:

Next time ya get some, PM me and I can likely get you free nearby parking.

Splendid! :drool:

Some of these are your best, yet! :)

Most reactions

Back