Photos OK to edit
A few more for C&C please.

1. Mallard 1
IMG_7696-crop.jpg

2. Mallard2
IMG_7705-crop.jpg

IMG_7644-crop.jpg

IMG_7636-crop2.jpg

..Though I feel I may have over cooked this last one.

I have done some basic editing/cropping in 'Photoscape'.

Oh...no thoughts.:(

Have taken quite a lot of shots since submitting my last batch for C&C(slightly out of focus butterflies).. I went back and took a few more, 2 of which are here. Trying to remember the advise re cropping( keeping heads in center frame, and not the wings, and faster shutter speed to eliminate shake). I feel that these two a bit better, though was interested in your thoughts. The two mallards were visitors to the park that had the butterfly display, they were less cooperative and were interested in playing chase with each other. All of these have undergone some editing. Sharpening colour boosting etc and cropping.

C&C appreciated.
Thanks

Hello,

I personally feel like the ducks are too much in the center of the frame. The "rule of thirds" comes to mind, which I actually view as a guide more than a rule. But I think it works here.

Sometimes the subject is more interesting when not in the center of the frame. In the case of these ducks I chose to crop the way I did so that the open space in the image was the direction the duck was looking.

Again, just a guide of course, but just a thought when composing your images.

Examples:
p874555338-4.jpg

p990015752-5.jpg

Thanks Tim, that does look punchier. I see what you mean about space in front/in line of sight of the duck. I was trying to keep in mind the 'rule of 3rd's' though it does look better cropped a little closer at the bottom too. I wasn't sure with the female mallard, whether I should have rotated it slightly as although the water was moving at an angle to me it looks a little distracting, though obviously opted to leave it as it was.

im enjoying your butterfly shots, the background on the first one is slightly distracting but funky at the same time and the 2nd butterfly is my favourite but i feel that your duck shots are just too... snap shoty, i could have taken similar photos with my phone... plus they're just ducks... everyone see's ducks all the time, find something more interesting!

Toller: Wow, they are beautiful!! I'm a noob but I have to say I would be satisfied if I had taken shots like those. What camera and lens did you take those with?

Thanks guys. I used my Canon 500d with ef-s 17-85mm f4-5.6

Tailz03 I'm aiming to take much more interesting shots. I hate to admit it but I take a lot of pictures of my dogs, however at the moment I'm sticking with things that don't move tooooo fast, as my boys move like lightening and I'm left with an orange blur, and things that are within near or mid range so I have a better chance of seeing it. Early days still. I have a lot of cast out shots and a few that I like.

Thanks guys. I used my Canon 500d with ef-s 17-85mm f4-5.6

Tailz03 I'm aiming to take much more interesting shots. I hate to admit it but I take a lot of pictures of my dogs, however at the moment I'm sticking with things that don't move tooooo fast, as my boys move like lightening and I'm left with an orange blur, and things that are within near or mid range so I have a better chance of seeing it. Early days still. I have a lot of cast out shots and a few that I like.

I love taking photos of my doggies too, but not for photography's sake, i like a document of their lives :) Do you have a flash gun... speed lite.. external flash (depending on where your from as to what you call it) yet? They are invaluable to getting a good shot. good luck with your shots, and hope to see some more soon.

Tailz03 as I'm new to this(Xmas), my tools are few. The only flash so far is the built in one. Though I will get one at some point. As you say with the dogs its a great way of documenting their lives.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back