A few more from Iceland

treehuggerhikerboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Lesser quality I think, but here they are nonetheless...hope you dig them.

164_6446-ps-mtn-web.jpg

171_7198-ps-cloud-web.jpg

169_6973-ps-rock-web.jpg

169_6937-ps-mtn-web.jpg

173_7350-ps-horse-web.jpg

163_6310-ps-bubbleweb.jpg

163_6313-ps-geiser-web.jpg

Wow. Awesome pictures.

1, 4 and 5 A++ :)

I love the BW contrast.

i'm having a difficult time understanding why you haven't received more responses than this. these shots are ALL very good! are those shadows from the clouds in the first? the third looks like it could have been taken on the moons' surface...very nice! the shot where the geyser is about to exploded is cool! do you have anymore from your trip? thanks for sharing these!

JonMikal said:
i'm having a difficult time understanding why you haven't received more responses than this. these shots are ALL very good! are those shadows from the clouds in the first? the third looks like it could have been taken on the moons' surface...very nice! the shot where the geyser is about to exploded is cool! do you have anymore from your trip? thanks for sharing these!

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it...yes, they are shadows from the clouds on the first one. It's actually the top of a mountain/volcano that was the inspiration for Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne. There is quite a bit of Iceland that looks like you're walking on the moon, Mars as well. In fact, the U.S. trained astonauts there in the 60's (?) to acclimate them to the surface of the moon.

I have more pix, but I think those are most of the good ones....

I am just now seeing these. The first image is just stunning - I love the quality of light you have there. It has a surreal, underwater effect to it - just beautiful! :D

And the picture of what looks like a Shetland pony is wonderful - he is staring right at you, curious and windblown - what a nice shot. :thumbup:

Great job!

love the first shot... if you look at it right, it could be underwater..with the reflections of the waves from over head.....just great...

and the forth one really draws me... i like that one alot...

the geyser pics are just awesome... i have watched them before in yellowstone, and its hard to capture that... great job t.h.h.b.....

I LOVE the shot of the horse. It looks like a pretty model posing with her hair blowning in the wind. BEAUTIFUL!

Most reactions

Back