A Few more HDR attempts...

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by WNK, Sep 14, 2007.

1. WNK

WNK TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Still a novice on this particular method, and still am working off the free trials, but I'd appreciate any feedback or advice!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sw1tchFX

Sw1tchFX TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    looks like you're having some focus problems there.

3. D-50

D-50 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Looks real soft to me as well. These look like they were saved straight from Photomatix with no other processing. Photomatix gives you a good start but you'll need to take it to photoshop afterward.

4. WNK

WNK TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I haven't spent tons of time in post-processing b/c they have that watermark, so I don't want to spend tons of time on a pic that I know I'm not going to keep.
    And unfortunately, I didn't have my tripod with me... seems like it's noticable enough that I'm going to have to remember to bring it with me everywhere from now on!
    Thanks for the feedback!

5. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well, cool, I see these are REAL HDRs (as opposed to my "fake" ones I have played with in the past couple of days, i.e. those created out of one RAW exposure that was tweaked into several different f/stop exposures in the RAW converter), now that is something I can appreciate ... despite the softness. They don't look too strong to me, actually they don't REALLY look HDR to me at all, but like a photo that could also have come out like this in one :scratch:

Well, I'll keep playing with the tone mapping thing for yet another while to find out how much I like HDR ("fake HDR" for me only for the time being), and if I find it worth pursuing, and to have something to PLAY with only (I am not attempting to make HDR become one of my new "fortes", you see?). But it is fun to play around with it, isn't it?