A few more images.

Philip Weir

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Sydney, Australia. The land of peace and sunshine.
Website
www.philipweirphotography.com
Thought I would show you a few more shots I've done over the last few years.
[1] Parramatta River Bridge, west of Sydney, Australia.

Parramatta.jpg

[2] Old building in Balmain, NSW, Australia, used as a restaurant.

Balmain.jpg

[3] Studio shot of glass prior to grinding for lenses.

LENSES.jpg

Comments and critical analysis welcome.:sexywink: :sexywink:

Excellent shots. I like all three of these. The colours in that last image are amazing.

Very nice Philip. Particularly like the glass shot, great colours and shapes. I have no critical analysis to offer, however I'm sure you could teach me a thing or two ;)

EDIT: OK I do have some critical analysis, the sharpness looks a touch off on the last one, I'm sure it just from the resize for web tho ;)

That last one is striking in so far as the subject you got to photograph there is rare and not often to be seen. To tell the truth: this is the first time I am seeing glass before being ground for lenses. And the colours are quite exceptional in that one, too. So I guess I like that one best, though it is very closely followed by the first, the photo of the bridge. In that one I like your choice of aperture (nice starry light sources) and the fact that the row of stationary cars is such a pleasant opposite to the light trails of all the moving cars.

With the restaurant pic I just feel there is a bit too much foreground there, unless you'd want to show us something that has been out of use for such a long time that nature is claiming it back, but I understand this is not so (?).

Most reactions

Back