A few more portraits [C&C]

CameronDelray

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I realize in the third one I cut her off on her knee (joint), but I thought it was an overall good shot. Could be wrong. C&C please, it's much appreciated!

1)
4030899876_daf6fbfaaf_o.jpg

2)
4030144627_a3c2a07e7a_o.jpg

3)
4030900244_c8d0e1b586_o.jpg

Ok, first off I like your colouring, but there are a few issues that need to be addressed.
Image 1
The composition off this image is off, the subject should be looking across the image not out, it takes the focus off your subject, as well moving your flash off camera will get rid of that small shadow under the chin and nose. Overall your exposure is good and a few small changes could meke this an outstanding image.
Image 2
The major problem with this one is the location of the light, it did not cover back on her hair and so it looks like she is wearing a black hat, as well it looks like the eyes have been overdone.
Image 3
The same problem exists with this one as the 2nd one with the lighting. If you can get your flash off camera it will help you out allot.

Thanks SpeedTrap. I think I forgot to erase some of the vignetting and it is actually covering parts of her hair, making it darker. I will go in and fix that and see if it makes it better (thanks for pointing that out). The eyes do look a bit overdone now that you mention it, I'll see what I can do to reduce the effect.

And yeah, I have a SB-600, and the next thing I'm purchasing is a flash sync cord so I can move my flash around in my other hand.

Thanks a lot for the C&C.

Coloring and focus look great.

In first photo my eyes were drawn to her upper chest - -which seems to be the focus of this pic. Either look into the pic or at the camera, I would suggest.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back