A Few New Shots from the North Fork of Long Island (C&C Please!)

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Bugs81, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Bugs81

Bugs81 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hello all-

Been a while since I have posted but would love any feedback you may be able to provide.

These are a few shots from Mattituck, located on the North Fork of Long Island in New York.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. shorty97

shorty97 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Love all of them, but I like the strawberry one the most. You might be a tad over-exposed on the first pic. It just seems a bit bright to my eyes the ground seems to distract you away from the sign and the people. That's only my opinion. Great Work :)

3. designerfoo

designerfoo TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I agree with Shorty97, most of them are a little over exposed, if you clicked these in bright daylight, I would suggest using a ND filter :) helps a lot! :)

4. shaneclark

shaneclark TPF Noob!

Hey amazing and fantastic shots. I love all of them. These shots are well and perfect captured. Excellent and great work..

5. Pau1

Pau1 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I am very sorry to say that I didn't think they were that great, they are more like snapshots. None of them show anything interesting, and there's no composition or storytelling element to any of them. I especially did not like the last one, where the guys hands are cut off.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dylanstraub

dylanstraub TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    For 1& 2 if you bring the contrast down a bit it will darken the pictures. Also add some saturation (esp. to the strawberry pictures) to put the color back in.

7. RebeccaAPhotography

RebeccaAPhotography TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    A tip: For better CC folks around here would like you to number them. Just makes it easier to comment on them.

I feel like most of these are snapshots. You captured a good time but there isn't anything special about them...Like paul said these don't tell a story, the composition is poor. The one that has some potential is the strawberries shots.

8. flameshots

flameshots No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    #1 overexposed and no real defined subject. My eyes are drawn between the sign and the couple but neither stands out.

#2 Better composition but with leading lines like you have here I would really like it if there was something at the end. Still a good shot.

#3 More of a snapshot. Kinda funny but I would need a back story to really appreciate it.

JMHO

9. Joel_W

Joel_W TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Sorry, but I have to agree with Pau1 & Flamshots, that your pictures are basically snapshots, not photographs. Nothing wrong with snapshots if that's what you were after on a days outing.

A photograph tells a specific story through composition, exposure, lighting, & DOF. Only the Strawberry picture is on the right track, but lacks a strong composition. It should have been just the strawberries with selective focus for a powerful presentation.