A Few New Shots

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by rickabobaloey, Jun 23, 2010.

1. rickabobaloey

rickabobaloey TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Constructive criticism welcome. Love 'em, hate 'em, its all good. I'm learning a little bit every time I take my camera out and shoot. Some were done out back of my parents house and some inside their pool room. Quite a few of these were done just for learning purposes (such as the slide pictures)

1)
    [​IMG]

2)
    [​IMG]

3)
    [​IMG]

4)
    [​IMG]

5)
    [​IMG]

6)
    [​IMG]

7)
    [​IMG]

8)
    [​IMG]

9)
    [​IMG]

2. gsgary

gsgary Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    Did the camera fire off these shots accidentaly, because i don't see much thought put into them

3. rickabobaloey

rickabobaloey TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Fair enough. I'll admit that the slide ones are dull, and quite boring, but it was practice for slowing down and freezing the movement of water. I wasn't trying to accomplish anything else with those photos. Figured I'd share my learning experiences with others.

Personally I like the view I got from the top of the slide (will work better when there's family visiting and the pool is full of people). I also like the simpicity of the 3rd and 4th shots. Which again, is practice for framing and getting as much shallow depth of field as I can out of my kit lens.

I will improve. I can already tell that I'm grasping more and more mechanics every day.

4. supraman215

supraman215 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    :er:

#4 is fairly well composed.

Maybe a shot to show us the whole pool room might be interesting.

5. BekahAura

BekahAura TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I would say the only time you'd want to freeze falling water is when you have another moving subject in the image. If you had a kid sliding down you'd want a fast shutter speed, but having just the waterslide alone looks nicer with the water soft with a slower shutter speed IMO.

Why don't you take your tripod out, or figure out how to steady your camera for even slower shutter speeds on the waterslide shots.

I like the composition of #7, but I wish you used a much slower shutter speed to make the water softer and to make it stand out a bit more.

I'm glad you're learning, that's what most of us are here for!

6. rickabobaloey

rickabobaloey TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    It's not a "full" shot of the room, but it is definitey more of the pool. It's posted here http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...t-reflections-no-due-date-59.html#post1941969

Thanks! I've a few different shots I took of #7 but I thought that one turned out the best. The other ones turned out blurrier.

I'm looking into getting a tripod. I only buy this camera last Thursday, so I'm thinking next paycheck I'll pick up the tripod. Most likely a Manfrotto as I've heard nothing but good things abou them.