A few new shots

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by Lucas_Y, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Lucas_Y

Lucas_Y TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Took these a few evenings ago. Any tips, suggestions, criticism is welcome.
    My town
    [​IMG]

Local reservoir
    [​IMG]

2. One of the most common suggestions regarding composition is not to divide the image down the middle. On the first one, the horizon is pretty much right down the middle - but for no real apparent reason. The sky is ok, but the interest is clearly the town and the foliage. You ended up cutting off two very distinct and lovely trees in order to capture more of the sky. Also, your camera seems to have picked an exposure that is too bright - it exposed for the sky. You could have taken in more light because the town and trees are actually a little bit dark.

The second one is quite lovely, but the foreground is quite dark. It's hard to get an exposure so perfect that you can capture both. In this case you could have probably stopped down one more, thus getting a little bit more light... but I'm not sure it would have made a big difference. Digital photography enables a technique called HDR (High Dynamic Range) which allows you to merge several images that are exposed differently. It's called Bracketing. You take various images (use a tri-pod!) and then create a picture that covers a very wide exposure range by adding all the photo-data into one image. Compositionally it's nice, btw.

Good effort, keep shooting.

3. Lucas_Y

Lucas_Y TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thank you very much for the advice! Very much appreciated.