A few of Lake Erie (2 new added)

Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
That I took on the way home from work yesterday. It was nice to sit and relax by the lake and take a few long exposures. These were 10 seconds each at f/22.

erie_blue.jpg

lakefront.jpg

Let me have it!

Oh, that first one is nice! "Blue" it is! Very.
The long exposure makes the water look like fog. Very interesting aspect.
(Or does it only look like fog on my scappy screen?)

Thanks LaFoto. No you are right, the long exposure blurs the water and makes it look foggy :) The waves were actually crashing up pretty hard there every once and a while. You'd never know it from this pic.

woah, first one is great matt.
you know, at first look, i thought the second one was y our original to show what you did in ps...
it just doesnt have that umpph the first one does.

Thanks everyone! :) Pilgrim, the first one was done by setting the camera's white balance to tungsten. Actually for a change all I did in ps was sharpen it, and adjust the levels slighly. The same for the second one, which is why it lacks the umpph like you said. I kinda like it flat looking, which is accurate to how it looked out there that day. I might tweak it a bit in PS though, when I get time :)

Corry, thanks, you are too kind :p

Very cool shots. Love the first pic. :thumbsup:

Thanks Chiller :)

Santino: Thanks, those are shots of Lake Erie in Cleveland Ohio.

You got me photogoddess. Thanks alot. Speaking of keep them coming, here's some more.

Thanks Kara! :)

Just a few more that I took at Mentor Headlands Beach the other day. Same kind of gloomy look, with nice clouds this time :)

This is my tribute to Vonnagy :)
driftwood.jpg

tree_by_sea.jpg

incoming.jpg

Matt, as serene as the first 2 are, these last three are very powerful.

Very well done, Driftwood is my favorite. :thumbsup:

You are a very good nature photographer, your shots are beautiful, did you process them yourself, get them professionally done or get them done at an everday lab before adding the borders and signature on the computer?

Most reactions

Back