A few of mine

EOS_JD

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I shot a wedding on 4th August and then the day after went on holiday for a week. Now I'm back and have been busy editing the images. I'm about half way through and thought I'd post a few.

I'm not 100% happy with them all but the formals look nice and I'll get these sorted soon.

It was a nice day for photography although the lighting in the registry room was difficult to work with. No flash prmitted (only for me it seemed) and light streaming through large windows from one side.

I had a friend help me with this one (he took some images from the back of the room and got away with using flash as everyone with their P&S cameras flashed there way through the ceremony! :confused:

I'll post more as I get to some of the formals. Any comments or critique would be much appreciated.

Regards
Jim

1109650090_c710c5b1ef.jpg

1108775889_9bb0bf2bb4.jpg

1109642778_3aeff1f282.jpg

1109662410_8d0e15b5b1.jpg

1108820595_a763fea031.jpg

1108798375_946f19b3cd.jpg

1109657480_cd60f20221.jpg

1109673592_688087816c.jpg

1109653988_99f1271a55.jpg

1108806849_9c21f17497.jpg

1109671628_b305b8c5bd.jpg

From what I can see when I click on them they look lovely, however they are small and really pixelated for me just because of the size they're coming up. But like I said I can tell they are beautiful form the poses, colors and everything. Can't wait to see more. :)

Great to see you posting Jim! :)

#1, great pose. love the kilt and the whole outfit. #2, nice bright lighting and wonderfully happy expression of the bride. #3, again, great lighting and color in this one. #4, not bad, but the light was too bright coming from the window. There wasnt much you could do about that, as you mentioned. #5, I like this one a lot. But again, too bad there is blowout from the window behind them. You did what you could with the light. This one is my favorite. #6, nice color. #7, quite a bit of blowout on the dress and bride's face. #9, shadows are subtle and shape their faces nicely. #10, very nice stair shot. #11, nice group shot, but I noticed some squinters because of the sun in their eyes.

I agree with Kathi. I would like to see some of them larger also.

Overall, great job.

From what I can see when I click on them they look lovely, however they are small and really pixelated for me just because of the size they're coming up. But like I said I can tell they are beautiful form the poses, colors and everything. Can't wait to see more. :)

Fixed the links! They don't look pixelated on my PC at home although i agree these are fairly small images. If you try to increase them above 100% they wil certainly look very pixelated.

Thanks for the very kind words though. nice to know that you like the look of them. I am hopefully going to finish off the formals and reception shots tonight and I'll post some more soon.

CHeers
Jim

Great to see you posting Jim! :)

#1, great pose. love the kilt and the whole outfit.
yes there's something about the Scottish kilts that seems to capture the imagination. I own one too but only wear it on special ocassions.

#2, nice bright lighting and wonderfully happy expression of the bride.
yes she is a very pretty girl and I liked this one. A little fill and contrast in Lightroom really helped this image.

#3, again, great lighting and color in this one.
All natural light.

#4, not bad, but the light was too bright coming from the window. There wasnt much you could do about that, as you mentioned.
I know the light was bright (from the very large windows on that side) but I really liked this. It's the bride seeing her husband-to-be for the first time that day and there was a real feeling of love in this one. The eyes say it all.

#5, I like this one a lot. But again, too bad there is blowout from the window behind them. You did what you could with the light. This one is my favorite.
This was the couple together for the first time on their day. I love the feeling of the image but the only thing that wasted it for me was the best man moving in the background. If he had stayed in position it would have been better and also the light from the windows was tough to counter. I wasn't permitted flash at this point so did what I could.

#6, nice color.
Yes my friend Zeeshan took this one from the back of the room with a 70-200 2.8.

#7, quite a bit of blowout on the dress and bride's face.
I know the image is small but the face isn't blown out. the dress certainly is but I couldn't do much with this. I should perhaps have used flash at this point though! But i was hurried to get through the images quickly.

#9, shadows are subtle and shape their faces nicely.
I have some really fab poses of them on the stairs. I should have used a little more fill flash as some have darker shadows than others (mainly due again to the large window to the right of me in that image but again lightroom was great. I imported to Ps and made a feathered selection around the eyes in some of the images, copied the selection to a new layer and with a small opacity screen blending layer I lifted the darker shadows slightly.

#10, very nice stair shot.
I have a few of these too in slightly different poses. It looks bright on my work monitor but all the detail is there on my calibrated monitor at home.

#11, nice group shot, but I noticed some squinters because of the sun in their eyes.
The sun wasn't actually out but the diffused light was very bright. I have a few of the group and I might use one from slightly further out. This was onbe of the last I took of the group and I note a few had looked away after the first 3 or 4!

I agree with Kathi. I would like to see some of them larger also.

Overall, great job.

To be honest I'm not keen on posting larger images, I appreciate they are easier on the eye but more and more I'm consciuous of image theft and I don't want to write my name over them all (yet). My web site is in progress and once I have that up and running I'll have a think about how to present them.

thanks for taking the time to critiqe and for the very the kind words. As i say above i'll post more soon.

best regards
Jim

I love number 2

Really top notch.

I love number 2

Really top notch.

Thanks Jeff. Nice to know the images are being well received. I too loved No2. She was very nervous at this point and I just tried to put her at ease by telling her the groom felt worse!!! ;)

I still feel relatively new to shooting weddings but it's very enjoyable work and when you get nice comments back it makes it all worthwhile.

Don't get me wrong, I do like to hear the critique good or bad as it helps me learn.

cheers
Jim

very nice, I like number 9 - but i think that blende could help to fight with shadows

Weber I had a look at your website and I must say some outstanding photography there!!! :hail:

Most reactions

Back