A few of my pics...

gators12707

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey! I realize I don't have many pics up on the forum, so here are a few I just pulled together to share with everyone! I'll put up some more as I take them or come across some older ones I like. I am a senior in high school this year, and all of my pictures are taken in the DC/Metro area btw. C&C always appreciated :)

1) "Morning Brew"
morningbrew.jpg

-Won a "Honorable Mention" at Washington School of Photography Contest
-Regional "Gold Key" winner for Alliance for Young Artists/Scholastics Competition, currently in national competition :)
-3/25/10 Won Silver Medal in AYASC national competition ^^ :)

2) "540i"
540i.jpg

3) "Business as Usual"
nightlandscaperotated.jpg

-126s bulb exposure

4) "M-threeeeeee46" <- (i dont have a title for it LOL)
joey1copy.jpg

5) "I wish I had told him to close the hood"
eric1m.jpg

6) "No officer, that smoke is most definitely not from my tires"
vertf.jpg

Last edited:
lol nothing?

The first one is my favorite, would have preferred if there were no people in the background but oh well.
What's in the glasses though? Tea?
I like the steam and the color of the drinks, I would crop the sides off a bit, they don't really do much for the photo.
Anyways, it deserves all the recognition and awards it has gotten, great job :)

P.S.: If Gators = UF: Gators suck, it's all about the U. If it's not those Gators, then...ignore that. :D

The first one is my favorite, would have preferred if there were no people in the background but oh well.
What's in the glasses though? Tea?
I like the steam and the color of the drinks, I would crop the sides off a bit, they don't really do much for the photo.
Anyways, it deserves all the recognition and awards it has gotten, great job :)

P.S.: If Gators = UF: Gators suck, it's all about the U. If it's not those Gators, then...ignore that. :D

hehe thanks, yeah that picture was a bit of a chance thing. I was taking pictures of something else and the teacups caught my eye. It was my grandmothers birthday (yes, it's hot tea in the glasses btw) and I didnt feel like asking everybody to clear out of the way haha. And yeah I would crop it, but I want to leave the teacup in the middle, and if the picture becomes to square it doesn't look as good when its mounted in the competition frames :/

but thanks!! :)

and gators is my swim team :thumbup:

the first and thrid are my favorites. :D i think the steam from the tea was captured very well and the people in the background really added character!! ^_^ and the third well i just like the colors of dusk and lights... :)

I like these images.

I would definitely like 1 much better on a clean background, but other than that I love the steam.

2,3,4 I really like. I'm not typically a fan of car pictures, probably because I'm just jealous, but I like these, especially the colors on #2

Thanks for all the feedback and advice! Here are 2 more I dug up..

7) "Snow"
wintersnow.jpg

8) "Strange Plumbing"
waterdropsrainbowcopyco.jpg

(I realize this would have benefitted from a larger aperture value, but it was with my old canon and I couldn't get a fast enough shutter without an overwhelming amount of noise)

Just wanted to give an update... I just got a letter from the scholastic alliance for young artists and writers competition saying my "Morning Brew" won a national silver medal and I'm invited to a reception in new york this july :) I'm really excited...

I'll have more pics up soon, doing a shoot this weekend.

Kian

I heard about your success, Congratulations!

Most reactions

Back