a few photos for CC please :)

momofthing1and2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are photos of my friend, her hubby and their daughter.

ONE
imagew2.jpg

TWO

chrissavannah2.jpg

THREE

andy2.jpg

I love two and three, but maybe that's just the dad in me... Don't really know enough to give critical feedback, and for the parents......keepers!

Thanks so much for taking the time to look! I appreciate it!

Photos 2 and 3 are the photos of choice here.
1 doesn't really cut it for the fact that she's in a strange position and anything that might "explain" said position is outside the frame. This fact gives the photo a "snapshot"-look, despite the good focus, nice colours, blurred background. But also her facial expression - albeit displaying something like "wary curiosity" to me - isn't the best - all just to my mind, of course.

Great shots! Not a huge fan of 1 though. I think what I don't like about it mainly is that she looks really unamused. Something that you may not have had a great amount of control over though :p.

3 is my favorite, no contest. Very personal feel because she's looking directly at the camera and that hair is just priceless. shot very well composed. At least as far as i can see. I'm new at this stuff though.

I agree with everyone else here, two and three are definitely winners. I think #1 could use a bit of toning down of the pink/magenta colors. Her lips and dress seem a bit bright, and it would also help a bit with her complexion.

I agree with the previous comments. 2 & 3 are the best. I especially like the look of the child in 3.

I like #1 for the fact that it's memorable, part of the moment and very real.

I tend to like images that reflect "real life" or ones that are not so professionaly staged or captured so that they look like they were taken by a pro. I have a very distinct liking for images that are well shot but go against the grain of popular thought on what makes a great image.

I find myself attracted to her eyes, the color of the dress and negative area to the left a little are a little distracting. If it were cropped and in B&W I think it would be even more interesting,

I also like image#3. They are all nice images IMO

But again, these are just my humble opinions

I like #3 also. I would maybe play around with the contrast of the picture to bring out the dark parts and white parts of the pictures. Also, I would clone out that pole in the middle it's a bit distracting IMHO. She is cute BTW.

I didn't even really notice the pole until El2 said that. Now though, it really stands out. I agree and can totally see how that could be distracting. I agree about the contrast thing too. It looks like a lot of the picture is in the mid tones only. I'm curious what your histogram looks like now. Still great shot though. This is just getting nit-picky(sp?).

Most reactions

Back